X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1991 Custom Shop USA Jackson Tele

<center><table width=80%><Tr><td>
    </td><td>   </td><td valign="top">

If anyone is interested, Kickaxeguitars had pointed out a that a 1991 Custom Shop USA Jackson Tele was for sale the other day on Gbase. It was being offered at The Music Zoo in NY. I am a huge fan of soloists, and I love the tele shape. On top of that, I am a silverburst fanatatic. I live on Long Island which is a 1/2 hour away so I went down Saturday afternoon and bought it.

Wow... is this thing amazing. It is the best silverburst I have ever seen, espcially with the heavy sparkle count. The Jackson logo is painted in the same color. This may be the finest Jackson I have ever played, it just feels perfect. The body is near mint, with one tiny chip on the lower horn. Most of the hardware is pretty beat up, so I am going to spend some time this week replacing it (Tuners, cavity covers, input jack, strap kobs are all fine). It came with the original Jackson pickups, as well as the Duncan Distortion which is in there now. I will be putting an Air Norton and Tone Zone in there, as well as hooking up the currently defunct coil splitters & kill switch. It is gorgeous in person. The previous owner spray painted the humbucker rings gray, so they have to go. It was a bad paint job made worse with age. I am absolutely in love with this guitar.

Here is one pic for now...When I am finished cleaning her up, I will post more detailed pictures.

kickaxeguitars: Thanks man for pointing this one out..I can't thank you enough
    </td></tr></table>

-Rich-

Re: 1991 Custom Shop USA Jackson Tele

Wow! I usually don't like Teles, but that is tres cool!
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

BTW, do you guys think it is safe to leave on a hanger? I know the Gibson silverbursts will "green" if you leave them exposed to light. Do you the Jackson finish would do the same thing?

Rich

Comment

kickaxeguitars: Thanks man for pointing this one out..I can't thank you enough
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Rich, I'm glad a JCF brother landed that fine and RARE axe. It was my pleasure Rich..

Guys, I don't mind pointing out cool Jacksons and Charvels and I think we should all do the same when we come across cool stuff.

I know what alot of you guys are into and i don't mind personally emailing you when I find your fix, Right Brett?

It's not the first J/C I've posted and it certainly won't be the last..

Why we're bullshittin... Yet another cool Jackson courtesy of kickaxeguitars

Comment

Different clearcoat (poly, not nitro) - it shouldn't green.

Newc
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I'm glad a JCF brother landed that fine and RARE axe.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thanks. I've bought 2 used custom shop Jackson/Charvels in the last year, and both were discovered through JCF brothers. And if I was to ever sell either, I would offer them back here first.

BTW, that tele truly needs to be seen in person. No photo as of yet does it justice. I've shown it to a few family members and friends. All agreed how beautiful it is.

Rich

Comment

That's correct Chuck. I'll keep you posted about that lead you sent me yesterday. That guitar is way fucking cool, and I hope I land it.

Thanks again for the lead dude.

Brett

Comment

[img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                X