Score? (Pix included)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Score? (Pix included)

Just pulled this out of the box (eBay auction). San Dimas plate #2740, Dimarzio vintage trem, has both covers. Craptacular flat black paint job!
    Just wish I could've gotten the maple board neck he was selling...

<center></center>

[ January 26, 2004, 07:36 PM: Message edited by: TEKKY ]

Re: Score? (Pix included)

So what's the plan Stan!

Comment

Might have to try my hand at a refin, it already has a good base coat! May go Warmoth on the neck, unless a good Jackson comes along (of course).

Comment

Is that trem original?

Comment

Isn't there any way of finding out how it was originally finished from the serial number?
          Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Not really sure if the trem is original. Once it gets a good sanding, I may be able to tell.

I'm not even sure that it is a Jackson body. Maybe some of the more knowledgable folks can tell by the routing?

Oh and thanks for the resize, Tekky.

Comment

The control route looks good! If you take the trem off are there 2 bigger holes, like for a Floyd? There should be.

Comment

Took off the trem and there are no post holes. (unless filled and painted over)
                It would be great if I could find out what it had from the factory.

Comment

Sweet [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

What's the neck pocket size - I may have an SD Jackson neck you'd want - reverse head, rosewood, fins, regular nut (uncut) [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] - no binding [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Newc
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Alas, I am chained to my desk for the next 7 hours. I'll measure when I get home.
                    Definitely interested in the neck, you know how money in a PayPal account burns a hole in your pocket!

Comment

Newc, 5/8 depth - 2 1/16 width on the neck pocket.

Looks like I'll be sanding for a while, the paint is really thick. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

If the plate is original to the body then the serial is too high to be SD. I have #1808 with that route and my 89' soloist was odered with that route!

Comment

thats pretty cool, it looks real. looks to be a late SD or early ontario, based on routes. long rear comfort contour, tabbed single coil route, control cover platform. the bridge hum looks like the tab routes are a little small for an SD, but it doesnt have the recessed trem cover.

Comment

It could also have been a Kahler Traditional bridge guitar. Then all that would have been done is filling two post holes and not a small route filling needed to be done to a full Floyd route.

Comment

Working...
                            X