New trans finish colors? Cabo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New trans finish colors? Cabo?

Hey whats the scoop with the SL2H that Matt @ Mattmusic.com has called "cabo"?? It looks like a teal green color. ANybody know about this? is it a standard color for 2004? Just curious. ANyone have any better pics of that finish??
    "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Re: New trans finish colors? Cabo?

Cabo is a transparent blue finish over a flamed maple top. It's cool looking, especially with the chrome pickups rings and switch. I have larger pics available, if anyone wants to see them, just email me.

Matt
    Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Here is a pic of Kens (kpacheco)CABO SL1
      Mike
      --------------------------------------------------------------------
      SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

Yup that's mine alright [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] . But the pic might be a hair misleading. The actual color is just a bit darker than that under normal light. That was taken in a room with flourescent lighting and then the flash from the camera also makes it look a little lighter than normal. But, for the most part it's pretty close. You can also get a good look at it in the 2003 Jackson Catalog. That's the same guitar. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Blue plaid! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

From the pics on Matts Music site the color looks more like a Teal color. SO which is more accurate?? The pic posted above is WAY different than the one on Matts Music. He emailed me the pics too and it looks Teal, not blue. Just curious. I would be very interested in this if it was a teal green or teal blue. But I dont want a regular blue. Im too [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] picky
            "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

If you are looking for more of a green look at getting a BPG
              Here are couple of pics

I took the picture in direct sunlight so it is little lighter than it really is.
              Mike
              --------------------------------------------------------------------
              SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

Well, mine is definitely more blue than anything else. Its not a normal or regular blue either. So, you probably would like it. I saw the ones on Matt's site and those look more teal green/blue than anything else and for sure don't look like my guitar. I tried putting my guitar in differnt lighting to see if I could match the color on Matt's site but couldn't. Depending on what kind of lighting there is it looks dark blue to a lighter blue. In either case BLUE, not green. But, If you want I can take some more pics of my CABO and email them to you. Let me know.

Ken

Comment

thats nice!

Comment

Cabo is really one of my favorite trans color. If they could put gold hardware with it, it would be so nice.

Cabo looks like chlorine, depending on the picture, it looks either blue or green. As I really like that finish, I asked Matt if he could take for me some bigger pictures, and as he is a really accomodating guy, here are the pictures:

[img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
                    What do you mean, "I don't believe in God"? I talk to him every day.

Comment

Working...
                    X