No announcement yet.

San Dimas Jackson #3510 In Da' House!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: San Dimas Jackson #3510 In Da\' House!!

Now thats a good lookin guitar!!!!
    Congrats!!!
    I have found 2 in the last month one was $250.00
    87 white w/ graphics and the other an 88 blue crackle for $385.00
    $500.00 or below I think are a steal for these guitars even though they say san dimas they are not but still they are old jackson that play like a mutha [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    Lespaulcustom Congrats Brother!!!!!

Comment

LPC, Nice score! I love white guitars [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] I also scored a Jackson for $500 at a local music store. 1985 San Dimas Soloist.

Comment

Alex, I remeber that guitar hanging in a small music store in morristown, nj. Sounds like the old lady finally broke down and sold it under $600! Good score! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by LesPaulCustom:
          Give Budman 5 stars [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Typo: 12-18-87 vice 12-18-97 [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Yeah, we finally got new batts for the digicam Dave. I'll hook ya up soon [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Didn't mean to sound like an ass bro, she's a beauty and congrats on a great score! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Dave->
          Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Hey Ralph. Yes it was! Star Music in Morristown.

Where in NJ are you?

Comment

I just moved to atlanta after 37 years in NJ. I grew up in bridgewater and worked in morristown for 5 yrs. Always used to walk around the square for lunch and poke around Star Music. Those were fun times. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

**UPDATE**

Well, I have finally finished getting the Jackson back up to speed.

After a thorough douching (Massengil would be proud [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ) it cleaned up really well, and is bordering on being a blinding white. The fretboard is nice and dark (for rosewood) and the bottom and top sides also cleaned/polished up really well. There is very little fret wear (mostly in the first 5 frets).

I got some steel wool today (0000) and cleaned up the neck a bit...it is silky smoooooth now and feels great.

The Kahler was a pain in the ass to clean/dust and intonating it was easy but frustrating as hell, but finally accomplished.

I have adjusted the action to just at 1.0mm on the high E and about 1.5mm on the bass side [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] The neck doesn't have any discernable buzzes/rattles and the upper notes don't "choke up/decay" when bending, so I am really happy about that.

The body is comfortable I think and it doesn't really look that bad (a conservative 8 out of 10).

The EMG Selects have GOT TO GO and I am thinking of installing a Duncan Distortion in the bridge and a Duncan Jazz in the neck and change out the push/pull volume pot and change the pup switch for good measure.

Overall, I am really impressed with the guitar. I am kind of saddened that it isn't a legitimate San Dimas, it is still an awesome guitar and it doesn't have to worry any longer about adoption or finding a good home [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

LPC, congrats again! That is the same pickup combo I put in my soloist. Let me know if you ever want to let her go [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] I'm a sucker for white guitars.

Comment

That really is sweet!

Comment

Nice score! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

LPC try out a Duncan Custom in the bridge position...I think you might like it better than the Distortion!

Comment

Don't worry about it not being made in San Dimas - I've had both a San Dimas and Ontario made Soloist, and I honestly prefer the one that was made in Japan [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                          The SD was great, but just not "me".

Besides, SD Jacksons won't skyrocket in value like the Charvels did [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Newc
                          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Let me say that I have had the privilege of seeing and playing this guitar, for a short period (damn dog) [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] and the pics don't do it any justice. Sweet guitar [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] . I haven't played alot of em but this was by far the best feel i've had for one yet.

Comment

Okay which dog?? Sam or Phoebe??

Mrs LPC

Comment

Thanks Steve....anytime you wanna visit or babysit the Jackson bro...you know where it lives [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I think that as soon as I get the pups and the electronic parts, I'm going to totally disassemble it again, and try to buff out the guitar and see if I can get it any better and use the polishing wheel on the fingerboard.

It's not bad [img]graemlins/refuse.gif[/img] but it can always get better [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X