No announcement yet.

San Dimas Jackson #3510 In Da' House!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: San Dimas Jackson #3510 In Da\' House!!

That's a beautiful guitar! And while not a San Dimas, it's somewhat unusual, as you don't see a lot of Dinky-bodied bolt-ons from the '80s. Mostly Strat bodies. Personally, I think the Dinky body is so much cooler...nice score.

Comment

The difference is simple--Dinky = 7/8 sized strat body with sharper edges and horns.

Even though Jackson invented the Dinky body, you don't see many bolt-ons with the Dinky body from the '80s. There were a bunch of crackle finish Dinkies from the late '80s with Grover's signature on the headstock, but apart from that, just one here and there.

In contrast, Jackson almost entirely ceased production of strat-bodied guitars during the '90s. The Charvel 275 is the only one I can recall.

Comment

I should add: a Jackson strat body has the same dimensions as a Fender strat body, hence the use of the same name.

Comment

Ahh, I see. Thanks.
          Tom

Comment

Thanks LPC. I think I'll open a guitar babysitting business now. [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Wonder if there would be any takers??? Oh and reassure the MRS that it was pheobe. Seriously though I love that guitar.

Comment

I'd let you babysit my Les Paul, but I probably wouldn't get it back [img]graemlins/refuse.gif[/img]

It's getting better....once I change the pups I think there will be a big difference in it.

Comment

very sweet guitar LPC...I love the matching headstock....cool grab (bummer about the kahler and selects tho) nonetheless...she's a beauty
                shawnlutz.com

Comment

Pro-fusion, I'm sure this has been discussed ad-nauseum but could you or anyone else tell me the difference between an 80's DInky body and a Jackson Strat body? I have a newer Dinky as well as an 86 USA Jackson Strat in a B/W Bengal graphic. I guess I just figured that the Dinky body of old was basically the same as the strats and 7/8 of a Fender Strat. My newer Dinky is similar to a Soloist body although it's a bit more rounded on the edges and it has beveled cutaways. I also have an 84 Charvel Strat which has an identically shaped body to the Bengal.
                  Tom

Comment

After a thorough douching (Massengil would be proud: SO F'ing TYPICAL!!!! Nice score, however!

Comment

Riot...it was meant as a joke, nothing more or less.

I am very happily married and love and respect my wife more than anything else in this world.

Krista (Mrs LPC) thought it was funny as hell that I put it that way.

If you got offended, I apologize, although I don't understand the "how typical" comment.

Judge not lest ye be judged thyself

Comment

Working...
                      X