Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soloist in RED Ghost flames?

Hi

A buddy of mine has an SL-1 in red ghost flames, and he recently noticed that he´s never seen another one in that color. After hearing that, I thought a bit, and I´ve never seen or heard of another one in that color.

I know the Custom Shop offers that as a finish, sut it seems strange... Any ideas? maybe one of those "hundred of these for fun" things like the Diamond plate kelly? Or possibly even a Custom axe? Is there any way to find out for sure?

Re: Soloist in RED Ghost flames?

RGF was offered as a USA Select finish, it wasn't exclusively custom. It wasn't a popular finish so it's been discontinued.

Comment

RGF was a available as a standard USA Select finish option for a few years, then dropped to be custom only. I believe that was the same year they rotated in the option for either Black Ghost Flames or Green Ghost Flames. ...Can't remember which.

Is it rare? A little. But not like the limited run of pieces like the diamond plate Kellys or anything. Most likely, they just were slow sellers, and J/C dropped it to try out a different color scheme to see if it would sell better.

Comment

how do you like this custom soloist, with beautiful RGF finish?? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

- Rune.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon:
          RGF was a available as a standard USA Select finish option for a few years, then dropped to be custom only. I believe that was the same year they rotated in the option for either Black Ghost Flames or Green Ghost Flames. ...Can't remember which.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think it was rotated out for Green Ghost Flames: if I remember right Blue, Black and Red were offered concurrently.

Comment

Rune, That's the coolest axe I've ever seen! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
            Minus the knob of course... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Rune The Axeman:
              how do you like this custom soloist, with beautiful RGF finish?? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's a custom strat, not Soloist. And it served as partial inspiration of my own custom order... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

(I like mine better, though. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] )

Comment

My production SL2H in RGF

Comment

Rune that kicks ass!! I JUST snagged a SL2h in RGF myself! They are kick ass IMO and I am glad I found one. They may not be the rarest graphic but they are very difficult to find, as are the GGF becoming! Regardless, flamage kicks major ass and nobody does it like Jackson!

be c0ol!
                  Mike

Comment

I can't wait to see the one Remcarr snagged in person. I have a RGF SL-1 myself, bought it from a fellow JCFer right here in fact [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] While it was a USA select finish for a short time, you really don't see too many of them around. I myself have never seen a RGF USA Select guitar in person on anything but a Soloist. Anyone here have one on a Rhoads, King V, Kelly, or Warrior?

Rudy
                    Rudy
                    www.metalinc.net

Comment

Holy Crap!! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
                      Sheddermon, I've been looking at that custom shop pic for a LONG time, and I never noticed that was a strat! My eyes followed the graphic up the horns, and I always assumed it was a maple boarded Soloist!

And I thought I knew something about these things...How sad. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

I do miss my RGF SL1 [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] . They are beautiful, but I was afraid to play it [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] and we just can't have that now can we? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckracer:
                          Holy Crap!! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
                          Sheddermon, I've been looking at that custom shop pic for a LONG time, and I never noticed that was a strat! My eyes followed the graphic up the horns, and I always assumed it was a maple boarded Soloist!
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's OK, Chuck. Similarly, I probably stared at it for a couple of years until I finally noticed that the graphic is red flames on a darker red body. (Look near the comfort bevel.) I always assumed it was red flames on black. Doh! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Hence, I spec'd mine to be RGF over a black body. You won't find another one like that. [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] And I asked for a 'burst pattern within the flames, similar to that custom strat. According to Dan L., mine and that strat are the only two ever made like that. The standard RGF graphic has flames with a uniform transparency. ...See the difference? [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by ManyAxes:
                            Rune, That's the coolest axe I've ever seen! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
                            Minus the knob of course... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I agree, that's why it's my wallpaper here on my work computer...
                            Occupy JCF

Comment

Hey guys!

Got my RGF SL2H today!! :-) Ohya, it kicks ass!! Rudy and I have it tore all apart right now, the dufus that had it slapped a d-tuna on it, blocked the trem and had, oh I dunno like 70s on it! So we are giving it a baptism of sorts, cleaning all the parts, lubing the floyd and so on. At least he slapped a Demon in it, which rocks! And the hang tag was in the case, so I am happy with that as well!

We should have it all back together tomorrow, I will snap a few with teh digital an dpost them here if you guys would like to take a peek!

Just wanted to share the good news of a deserving Jackson finding a good home!!

Rock on and be c0ol!
                              Mike

Comment

Working...
                              X