Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rhoads LTD question

Hey guys,

I had heard that the custom shop would still build a Rhoads LTD pinstripe guitar for people but it would either have to be a non-trem or if it had a trem then the headstock would be non-logoed as to not infringe on the original limited LTD run. Does anyone have any other information on this or know how to find out for sure?

Re: Rhoads LTD question

I haven't heard of the non-logoed headstock before, that doesn't really make sense, but yes, no LTD type guitars as they originally were. They have built a few with string-thru tunomatic bridges. One was even black with gold pinstripes, very nice it was.

Comment

Thanks genebaby. I went to Jackson's online custom shop ordering form and you can order one almost exactly like it with just the options listed. The body would be shaped a little different because you can only order a regular Rhoads or an extreme Rhoads. When I used to have an LTD I thought it was closer to the extreme Rhoads myself. Anyway the things that would have to be different were things that I'd like different anyway. I could order it with an oiled neck , full binding and have my initials on the truss rod cover instead. That would rock! Anyway ,thanks again for the info.

Comment

What is an extreme Rhoads????? ANy info would be appreciated.

Comment

They appear to me to be a smaller body and most of the ones I've saw are bolt-on necks. I'm sure that there are probably neck-thru ones too. I think the model number is XTRR.

Comment

XTRRs were neck-throughs. Some had oiled necks, though, which you might've mistaken for a bolt-on.

Comment

This is an XTRR...

Keith, you've got me feeling bad about getting 003 off of you. Sorry, I can't help you out though.

Brett

Comment

yeah I saw the oiled necks and got confused and thought they were bolt-on. Thanks for posting the pic. Killer guitar!

Brett, I appreciate you sympathizing with me on my old LTD. I did make a mistake selling my LTD but it's something that I'll just have to live with. I was doing OK with it though until I thought you were putting it up on ebay. That just made alot of emotions of the sale re-surface I guess. Just remember where you got it and our agreement if you ever do decide to part with it.

Back to topic though, since you have both, is the XTRR guitar body shape closer to an LTD style body then a RR1? It appears to be. That tiger XTRR just ROCKS!

Comment

That tiger XTRR is in NOS condition. I had the store put in the Rio Grande pickups prior to delivery though, and they rule.

The bodies are very different. When the Shortwing I just bought arrives, I'll take some time and will show (with pictures) the differences between an RR, an XTRR, an LTD, and a Shortwing. And then I'll wake up and realize I really don't have time for all that shit...but maybe it will happen.

Anyway, I don´t think you will like the XTRR - its pretty small.

Brett

Comment

Thanks for the info. I'm looking forward to the comparisons! That would be great for alot of people to see!

Comment

Working...
                    X