jackson market in general

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jackson market in general

Well, I'm buying. Someone sell me something cool - a custom shop, a San Dimas, etc - I really don't care. I have cash ready. Thanks

Brett

Re: jackson market in general

Agreed. It is an excellent time to pick up these great guitars at reasonble prices and sometimes just plain cheap. It's interesting how the market fluctuates(sp?) as the "what's hot" factor changes. Doesn't make the guitar any less quality though so that's great for us, unless you're selling.

Dave->
    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

I have to agree with brett 110%, I am in serious buy mode.......hey I love the charvel stuff, who doesnt really?...but I have always liked the feel,tone, of a neckthrough jackson much better. it is indeed a great time to buy... just finding it strange as cheap as some are that more dont have the same idea....."YOURE GETTING VERY SLEEPY, DONT BUY ANY DIMAS MADE GUITARS " LEAVE THEM FOR ME ! [img]graemlins/sleep.gif[/img]
      but seriously, stratheads are awesome and I'll take all you wanna give me...but in the long run I really think originality stands the test of time.. thats not a knock on the charvels in any way.....very interesting times....john

Comment

For me, it is feast or famine. I notice that San Dimas Soloists pop up in clusters, then nothing pops up for a while and the trend repeats itself. I have to pass up cool pieces because I am working on one or two other deals.

Comment

I think like alot of folks the only thing holding me back is $$!!Once my tax return comes ... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Chucksplatter

Comment

The market is surely slow.
            I have been looking at some PRS guitars and the sellers end up slashing prices in the range of 15-20% to get rid of the instrument.
            From my side of things, I have gotten some good deals and some fair.
            On the Jackson market, I've had a brand new Ltd. Ed. Shannon Soloist on the market for quite a while and no bites. I am not desperate to get rid of it, its just not getting played.

I figure, I keep it and someday when Fender totally outprices and ruins the USA Jackson line, I may be able to sell it as a Closet Classic true USA instrument.

However, I've had crazy deals in an up market as well. So it all depends.

My two cents.

Joe
            Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

they come in clusters for sure....this past month getting ready for tax time, I passed over some very cool '78-81 hamer sunbursts, this is something I seldom pass on, ...... now with the [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] out of the way, its drier than an old whore again on all brand fronts...
              its pretty sad when your looking to spend $$ and cant.. usually its the opposite way around more guitars than money for 'em......
              I am still looking for this friggin '83-5 string through white student rhoads, I passed on one last fall it was pretty rough and got back doored by "you know who" on another the summer prior......I really want a ltd. for representaions sake, but 1st run v-trem models are far and few between.......john

Comment

Hey Joe, got any pics of the Shannon? I am looking for one! All I have right now is a Model 6 that I love but a Shannon is what I want!! [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

jackson market in general

interesting the jacksons that have been popping up of late on ebay and online in general....I have started watching for a white '83-4 string through rhoads student again and am seeing some very cool dimas neckthrough jacksons ...I am further amazed at what people are totally passing over and the lack of bids/final sale prices.....what gives ?
                  the market isnt that soft ,that especially odd bodies and string through rhoads arent fetching respectable money they once were.......
                  the charvel market has lagged a bit but I think this is/was simply due to the values established these past couple years and only a few willing to step up......... the jacksons seem to have fallen off the planet though..just an observation ...any thoughts out there ?
                  john

Comment

Jacksons not being the 'flavor of the month' with the highly visable MTV type crowd, the resale is in the toilet, went there about two years ago, and is gonna be there for a while.

I had several years buying and selling Jacksons and it wasn't but a couple years ago they were still fetching good prices. I watched it start downhill and I sold out. I'm glad I did.

Comment

Actually, I think prices in the last month or so have been going up a bit. Not to extremely high levels, but certainly not the fire-sale prices we were seeing this past Fall.

Comment

I hope this is where they will stay. I want to buy as many 1984-5 Soloists as possible at todays prices.

Comment

I believe prices have risen about $100-200 on average since last year at this time. Student models also don't seem to be looked at as negatively as they once were and there seems to be a resurgance of interest in Kahler tremolos.

Comment

This topic comes up every couple months.
                            Face it.
                            There was a price/market correction and prices are where they should be.

Comment

Working...
                            X