SL2 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SL2 question

OK, what is the difference between an SL2 and an SL2H? Were these made w/o inlays as an option on non-custom shop guitars. What is the general opinion of the SL2 compared to the H? I've been considering picking up a dual hum soloist but I don't know much about them. All of my USA soloists are either SL1s or HSS soloists from the old days. Thanks.
    Tom

Re: SL2 question

I had a friend of mine ask me about these just last night. I know the hardware isn't as cool as can be, but otherwise I don't know a lot about them. Kinda curious myself.

Comment

Chuck, I just did a search on here and learned that hey were made in 96...Kent Armstrong pups, JT580 trem, chrome hardware, no inlays, and either no binding or black binding on the neck and none on the hs. Would aN OFR swap out w/ that trem with no mods?

Comment

From the 96 and 97 catalog, there was no black binding. It's an economic version of the SL1, I can't imagine that they would put a binding that will be invisible anyway. There is no major interest in puting black binding on an ebony fretboard, especially on an economic version.

The SL2 had no binding and no fretmarker, and there was an SL2S, same as the SL2, but with Sharkfin and no binding too.
        What do you mean, "I don't believe in God"? I talk to him every day.

Comment

Thanks Sly. What's a decent price for a used one in good condition? 500-600?

Comment

Working...
          X