URGENT HELP! buying an SL2H!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• URGENT HELP! buying an SL2H!

So I found this killer deal on a SL2H, and I finally managed to convince my dad to give me a (substantial) loan. So the deal looks alittle too good. USA Jacksons are normally 5 grand here, this one is $2900. So what should I look for to make sure this one isn't a crap one. Please help as it has taken me ages to save this much money and it will take ages again to pay off my dad and I dont want to be stuck with some piece of s**t that I got conned into buying by some salesman.
    Cheers [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Re: URGENT HELP! buying an SL2H!

new or used?...if it's a usa soloist you should be alright...if you're worried about small details?...check the fret ends to make sure they're not sharp...if it's used, make sure the neck is straight...above all...play it to make sure you want it...that's the best advice i can give...d.m.
    http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Yeah like Mozart said, if you can play it, play it! Make sure that you like the neck, its feel, thickness and all.

On the other hand, why don't you buy a new one from one of the dealers sponsoring this board? You're in Australia right? Even with $200 dollars in shipping and 20-30% taxes, it should be under $2000 dollars, which is way less than $2900. Or were these $2900 australian dollars?

Comment

Yeah, the price is in Australian dollars and I'm relatively sure its new. I'm gonna go in today and try it out, but I have to walk in with a 50% chance of walking away without it.
        Wish me luck guys. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
        [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Luck! [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

You have my well wishing.

Comment

Oh man I'm so bummed out. IT SOLD THE DAY BEFORE I WENT IN!! [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
              All I can think about is some guy out there playing MY soloist! [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]
              Any way. Good on him for scoring the killer deal and I hope it gives him the pleasure that it would have given me. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
              And cheers to everyone who helped me out and supported me through what could have been my first major guitar purchase! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
              X