Help me out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me out

A while back, I traded a les paul standard for this here '88 custom shop king v. I'll get some pictures up soon.

I was getting a bit bored with it so I took it in to Rocker Guitars here in SF to look for some trades and I was told I have a very special piece.

The serial # is J4301. I was told the body style is much smaller than those of other king v's. Different mounting hardware was used for the floyd. He got into some more details that I can't really remember. The guy told me because of the body style and a few other factors it's probably a one of a kind and worth anywhere from 2-3k. I couldn't really believe it.

Also, he referred me to a collector that might be interested in it and said there was a link to him on jackson's web site. I didn't find anything. Anybody?

Anyone ever seen anything that sounds similar?

Re: Help me out

Originally posted by Drew:
    I was told the body style is much smaller than those of other king v's. Different mounting hardware was used for the floyd. He got into some more details that I can't really remember. The guy told me because of the body style and a few other factors it's probably a one of a kind and worth anywhere from 2-3k. I couldn't really believe it.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Your serial # does correspond to an '88 Custom Shop. Wish you would've written down the details, but you can easily call the dude back, right? Hint. Anyway, post pics, it sounds interesting! 2-3K? Doubt it...but was he offering you that amount? I wonder why he would give you that figure... [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

AFAIK, there is no collector linked from the Jackson site. [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

Maybe he was talking about THIS website? [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

There were three different size King Vs. The original Double Rhoads made for Dave Linsk (now in Overkill) which Robbin Crosby of Ratt saw and wanted one just like and became famous for using, they named after him... Robbin "King" Crosby. The body was downsized a little after that, then was downsized again and is the version of which we know today.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Go back and ask the guy how long he's been a member of the JCF - probably a newbie [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Hi Drew,E-mail me([email protected])I have some info on this guitar!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Thanx, Chucksplatter

Comment

Hey Chuck, email me after y'all talk. I'd consider purchasing it. I need a few more V's. Thanks.

Brett

Comment

Working...
            X