• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Limited Edition \'88 guestion

1200 is WAY HIGH.
    1/2 that for a really nice 1.

Comment

Wiring: really complex. It's got an active circuit of some sort--is it a JE-1200? Whatever it is, it makes the bridge pickup (a J95, I believe) have an incredibly hot output. I replaced the electronics in mine with EMGs, because I'm not a real fan of Jackson pickups.

Price: I paid $650 for a pretty beat-up one a few years ago (although the neck was in great shape), but that was before I was on the JCF or eBay, and I didn't know any better about the prices these things go for. Based on eBay prices, I would think that you could get one for $550 or under. Jackson bolt-ons just don't get the $$$.

Comment

# 119 here. Bought this in either late '88 or early '89 (those 2 years just sort of blend together for me), and I've been playing it ever since. I had it stolen several years ago, however, 2 days after it was stolen someone brought it into the store where I was working to have it adjusted. Glad I got it back. I would have hated losing that guitar.

Comment

I'm assuming we are talking about the
          Bluejean" or "Denim" guitar???

Were they all wired the same with the active circuitry?

I have one inbound that I will be selling at a GOOD price but I want to make sure everytihng is correct..

Comment

Yep. The 88 limited edition is the "denim" guitar.

Comment

I'm thinking of replacing my stock Jackson PU's since I'm not really fond of their sound which is on the sterile side. I'm interested in something that will give me warm, thick sounds. Any suggesitons? Also, any interesting wiring schemes to give me some flexibility?

Thanks in advance,
              Paul

Comment

The active board is the JE-1000. It's a really good sounding pre, and you can use a passive pu's with it. I just dropped a Tone Zone into the bridge - sounds awesome.
                [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
                750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
                Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

LTD-88s are Poplar.
                  Occupy JCF

Comment

Working...
                  X