Why does RR1 has 22 frets..so annoying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does RR1 has 22 frets..so annoying

I think its really annoying for rr1 to have 22 frets ..if it has 24 frets i think it would be a VERY VERY popular guitar!!

Re: Why does RR1 has 22 frets..so annoying

it already is a very very popular guitar.
    Hail yesterday

Comment

well if its 24 is even more popular...
      and do you think it matters that much?? 22fret/24fret??

Comment

realistically how often do you use the 23 and 24th frets of your guitar?

You can always play somewhere else on the neck...

But the reason that it's 22 frets is because that's the way Randy Rhoads wanted it.
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I have 22 and 24 fret guitars and to be honest I don't see what the hubbub is about 24 frets.They both play the same to me.My fave is my 87 USA Jackson SD plate 22 frets.My second guitar of choice is a 92 Jackson fusion H-H (jap)24 fret 24.3/4 scale.I love them both [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Actually, what I've seen of the 24 fret RRs, the upper fret access is going to be difficult for most - almost like a Les Paul.
            Hopefully they won't do that Ibanez-style cutdown on the lower wing.
            Ideally, they should make the neck pocket shorter and move the bridge/pickups closer to the neck, instead of making it deeper and moving the neck pickup backwards.
            This would put the 24 where the 22 is now.

And yes, it's a 22 because Randy wanted a 22.

Newc
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I actually prefer 22. More room for my fingers to maneuver! They still sound broken when I play though [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] ...

Comment

Also, why are the frets so big on the RR1?? If it's what Randy wants wouldn't it be low smaller frets that he liked??

Comment

Originally posted by ranalli:
                  Also, why are the frets so big on the RR1?? If it's what Randy wants wouldn't it be low smaller frets that he liked??
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, I've kind of wondered that, too. I don't have a problem with either, but I seem to prefer the smaller frets.
                  As for 24 frets, I prefer to have the extra two, but I've got a few 22-fret guitars that I really love. It would be cool to have the extra frets, but it's not really all that necessary and I can get by just fine. Hell, look at Yngwie... most, if not all, of his Strats have 21 frets. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I have wondered about the frets on the RR1 too. I would think Randy would have prefered Gibson style low wide frets. What frets were on his actual guitars?

Comment

Originally posted by xjimmyleungx:
                      I think its really annoying for rr1 to have 22 frets ..if it has 24 frets i think it would be a VERY VERY popular guitar!!
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">they are gonna make a 24 fret line and in the imports too the js30rr is done the usa one they had problems with and I heard that there was a rr5 neckthru 24 fret import on the way as well . //Steve

Comment

so the new 24 fret lines or rr are all going to be imported or what?

Comment

Originally posted by xjimmyleungx:
                          well if its 24 is even more popular...
                          and do you think it matters that much?? 22fret/24fret??
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">**in my best Nigel Tufnel voice**

Well, it's 2 frets longer now isn't it..
                          Occupy JCF

Comment

The older/original Rhoads guitars did use the thinner wire like Randy preferred. I had a "Rising Sun" Rhoads from 1984 like that, and RR1962, RR2414, and RR2417 are like the originals.
                            "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                            Gotta get away from here.
                            Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                            Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

everyother jackson guitar has a 24 fret model. why not the Rhoads? It illogical not to have a 24 fret rhoads in the lineup.

with today's more proficient playing (not the pop stuff) adn teh lower tunings alot of us are using nowadays..it would be nice to have this model.

Comment

Working...
                              X