Why does RR1 has 22 frets..so annoying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why does RR1 has 22 frets..so annoying

I'd love to see a 24 fret Rhoads, but it is essentially a signature model, 'Rhoads' is the selling point. That how Randy wanted it and that's how we got it, oh well [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Randy also didn't have Floyd Rose trems on his guitars either, yet all the Jackson RRs have double-locking trems except the RR1T and the RR5.

I think Randy didn't use double-locking trems... correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest:
          Randy also didn't have Floyd Rose trems on his guitars either, yet all the Jackson RRs have double-locking trems except the RR1T and the RR5.

I think Randy didn't use double-locking trems... correct me if I'm wrong.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The RR5 & the RR1T - the two models I own! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

No Randy didn't have double-locking trems. Vintage-esque style trem on the white Jackson and the Sandoval V, stop tailpiece on the LP, and striing through on the black Jackson.

- E.
          Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

And before I get my sh*t jumped, I realized he owned other guitars, but the ones I listed in my previous post are the ones he toured with, and none of his others would have had locking trems either.

- E.
            Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Well, when Randy died, most major brands had 22 frets; only Carvin, BC Rich and some Ibanezes of the time had mass production 24-fret models. Of course, he died so young we don't know but what he'd have switched to 24 frets too. Steve Vai
              was playing 22-fret Charvels at the time of Randy's death, so who knows? Randy was not a conservative, or he'd never have designed the Rhoads guitar. I think for people to demand stagnation in the name of "It was good enough for Randy", well, look at what we know of Randy. Would he want progress stopped in his name? I doubt that.

There will always be the classic 22-fret
              RR1 because that was basically what Randy played. Frankly it's astonishing that it's taken this long for a production 24-fret RR to come out, and yeah, it's probably due to Alexi and Roope. Maybe
              they'll actually put out a 24-fretter with fins and binding now. If not, I imagine a DK-2 neck will go on the JS-30 Rhoads body without much trouble. I see a lot of those hybrids in the future!
              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Yeah, I was planning on putting my KVX10 neck on a JS30WR.

Comment

It took me awhile to get used to the 24 frets & shark fin inlays on my axe. The first couple of times doing a solo, I got lost on the upper neck. Used to it now though. I kinda like the 24 frets. It's like having a 2nd complete octave of the first 12 frets.

Comment

Originally posted by xjimmyleungx:
                    I think its really annoying for rr1 to have 22 frets
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Let me guess, because Alexi's guitars have 24 frets?

Comment

i just want a rr1 guitar with 24 frets!! like alexi and roope
                      Oh well..dont have that much money just buy a 22 fret

Comment

Originally posted by xjimmyleungx:
                        i just want a rr1 guitar with 24 frets!!
                        Oh well..dont have that much money just buy a 22 fret
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Jimmy, low on dough but want a 24 fret RR? Wait for the brand new JS30RR! Read my awesome thread:

http://www.jcfonline.com/ubb/noncgi/...c;f=3;t=000568

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

24 fretted rhoads to me, looks ugly and wrong, probably would feel that way too...and like xeno said; the last two frets are mostly used for solo finishes, be creative [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                          I dunno how the heel would affect reach.
                          Cheers

Comment

Here's a vote for 24-fret necks!!!

I use frets 23-24 enough that I miss them when I play a guitar without them. I equate it to playing a 7-string--I've been playing 24-fretters long enough that I have to concentrate on my left-hand positioning on a 22-fretter to make sure I'm at the right place.

Heck, 21 frets were good enough for Hendrix and Blackmore...but that was then.

Comment

Hell, Rhoads only had 21 frets on his Sandoval V and that didn't stop him from churning out one of the best guitar solos of all time, Mr. Crowley, and also his live guitar solo.

Comment

Shit, I use the 24th fret on my fusion all the time! I wish my XTRR had 24. That’s the only thing I don't like about it.

Even if you don’t use the 24th "all the time" you still have to have it there if you ever want it. And don’t give me..."Just bend it" crap cuz you can't do that if you want to tap it.

As far as upper access...You do not need to modify it at all. When you use frets that high all you have to be able to do is hit it. It's not like you need to have perfect ergonomics there. Crap, I could reach frets all the way to my neck pick up if I had them.
                                [img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img] Bring on the 24th fret!!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Working...
                                X