Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why does RR1 has 22 frets..so annoying

Originally posted by lerxstcat:
    That's ridiculous, and spoken like a priest of the Inquisition.

Randy would be the first person to cry out against making a god of him, and wanting to forbid anything he hadn't done in a life that was cut brutally short.
    To say a 24-fret Rhoads isn't a Rhoads is just dumb to say. Nobody's crying heresy of a 24-fret King V; do you think Robbin Crosby's spinning in his grave?
    Not for that reason, if he is. Neither
    is Randy, at least not for that reason.
    He probably hates being made a god though. I hope he can resi in peace.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Here is one for ya!!! How about a Malmsteen Signature strat but without scalloped frets. We can also ditch the Dimarzio stacked singles and replace them with stock pickups along with a standard plastic nut. It would be so much more popular and I bet Yngwie would love it. Lets expand on your idea that 24 frets would still be a Randy Rhoads model. For example:
      An SRV Fender with a righty trem and humbuckers. They could call it the Double Trouble Fat Strat. It would be really popular. I am sure Stevie would have played one if he were still alive!
      How about a Hendrix signature strat that is righty strung righty with a single Duncan Invader in the bridge and a hardtail bridge. They could call it the Hendrix Model 182. I am positive he would be 100% cool with it if he were still alive. A signature model guitar is supposed to represent what the actual player played in the most accurate way possible. Speculating on what Randy would have played if he had lived is crazy but here is my guess anyway [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] . He probably would have ditched electric all together anyway and picked up an endorsement from Ramirez!! Either that or Jackson would have opened a classical division. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Ive always been a person who questions why ALL guitarists dont use the BEST guitars available to them. IE, a 24 fret neck-thru guitar. Easiest fret access, a full two octaves, the only thing limniting them being their creativity.

Why compromise ease of playing or limit yourself for the sake of "tradition" or to be like the guitar stars of yesterday and today.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable:
          Here is one for ya!!! How about a Malmsteen Signature strat but without scalloped frets. We can also ditch the Dimarzio stacked singles and replace them with stock pickups along with a standard plastic nut. It would be so much more popular and I bet Yngwie would love it. Lets expand on your idea that 24 frets would still be a Randy Rhoads model. For example:
          An SRV Fender with a righty trem and humbuckers. They could call it the Double Trouble Fat Strat. It would be really popular. I am sure Stevie would have played one if he were still alive!
          How about a Hendrix signature strat that is righty strung righty with a single Duncan Invader in the bridge and a hardtail bridge. They could call it the Hendrix Model 182. I am positive he would be 100% cool with it if he were still alive. A signature model guitar is supposed to represent what the actual player played in the most accurate way possible. Speculating on what Randy would have played if he had lived is crazy but here is my guess anyway [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] . He probably would have ditched electric all together anyway and picked up an endorsement from Ramirez!! Either that or Jackson would have opened a classical division. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well said, thank you. [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
          Scott
          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable:
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well first of all, there are already 1000 versions of the Strat so you would have no problem finding a Strat to suit oneself without alternating a sig one.

The RR1 has (As mentioned) had many alterations that Randy never used like the Floyd and the 6100 fret wire. Besides you can't even get an exact copy of Randys anyhow.

Comment

IMHO..fret size and trems are minor hardware upgrades and allow the Rhoads signature model to stay pretty true to the original. Changing it from 22 to 24 frets is a major design change.
              I am sure that a custom builder can make you a 24 fret Rhoads body styled guitar. Leave the Rhoads alone. Its been through enough design changes already.

Comment

Originally posted by gemini8026:
                Ive always been a person who questions why ALL guitarists dont use the BEST guitars available to them. IE, a 24 fret neck-thru guitar. Easiest fret access, a full two octaves, the only thing limniting them being their creativity.

Why compromise ease of playing or limit yourself for the sake of "tradition" or to be like the guitar stars of yesterday and today.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ooh, I know! Because of $$$ and personal preference.

Comment

if randy was still alive he'd play frickin ESP like everyone else, we all know that... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

they'd have built him a nice jackson copy for sure... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                  tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

Can you explain to me what the problem is with having a 24 fret version, using logic? If there is so much interest and it had a practical use...?

It's not like we are saying change the RR1 model itself.

Perhaps they should only make the like the two Randy had right down to the color, cuz to some a major alt could be the use of a Floyd. To others it may be the fet wire, pickups or color.

Hell just give me the XTRR design (They got rid of it anyhow) with the 24 frets and we'll call it the DBXTRR24! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Dave:
                      Can you explain to me what the problem is with having a 24 fret version, using logic? If there is so much interest and it had a practical use...?

It's not like we are saying change the RR1 model itself.

Perhaps they should only make the like the two Randy had right down to the color, cuz to some a major alt could be the use of a Floyd. To others it may be the fet wire, pickups or color.

Hell just give me the XTRR design (They got rid of it anyhow) with the 24 frets and we'll call it the DBXTRR24! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Let me try to inject the logic you are requesting. It is my logic so please take this under advisement!!
                      A signature guitar to a manufacturer is:
                      1. A vehicle in which to sell guitars by using a famous alive or dead player as a marketing tool.
                      2. A way to pay homage to a great player who has passed on along with (see point #1)
                      3. See point #1 again.
                      If you take my above logic and apply it to marketing than it will be quite obvious that changing a signature guitar from the the original design would impact the marketability of the guitar. Manufacturers get around this by keeping the basic shape and overall design of the guitar as true to form as possible but making as subtle as possible changes to the hardware and electronics. It just doesn't make sense from a marketing stand point to change the design of a signature guitar to make it appeal to players who probably wouldn't buy it in the first place. There... you wanted logic. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat:
                        That's ridiculous, and spoken like a priest of the Inquisition.

Randy would be the first person to cry out against making a god of him, and wanting to forbid anything he hadn't done in a life that was cut brutally short.
                        To say a 24-fret Rhoads isn't a Rhoads is just dumb to say. Nobody's crying heresy of a 24-fret King V; do you think Robbin Crosby's spinning in his grave?
                        Not for that reason, if he is. Neither
                        is Randy, at least not for that reason.
                        He probably hates being made a god though. I hope he can resi in peace.
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">How did saying that it should be a new model somehow make Randy a god?
                        All I was trying to say was if you are fundamentally changing the structure of a product then it is no longer appropriate to call it by that original name. It would be it's own model and should be treated as such.

Perhaps they should call it the COBV24? I don't really care, but it would no longer be a RR anything.
                        Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

So giving it another name like RR24 would not satisfy you?

Comment

I just think it would do better as a new model, removed from the RR series. It makes sense to me, but I'm one of those guys that think a 2 door and a 4 door auto should not share the same name either.
                            Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

This is ridiculous! The fact remains, 24 fret Rhoads' ARE coming, and I predict they will sell well.
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

A lot of people love the full two-octave range of 24 frets, even if they don't use all of them. Though, there are those who complain that having the extra two frets puts the neck pickup closer to the bridge and, therefore, its sound is not as warm as the placement of a 22- or 21-fret neck. I actually prefer a brighter neck pup, so I say bring on the 24-fret Rhoads!!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] And why the hell shouldn't it be called an RR? Randy's guitars didn't have Floyds, but he did talk about them and was interested. I'm sure he would have had 24-fret guitars and Floyds had he lived.
                                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                                X