Clear All

Re: Why does RR1 has 22 frets..so annoying

BillM,

PM sent.

-Mike

Comment

Iced Earth,
      I'm interested in talking to you.... can you email me your number to [email protected]?

Thanks!

Comment

I think if you give a RR 24 frets then it is no longer an RR. It should probably have a different designation, hardware and colour scheme.
        Leave the Rhoads as it is and bring out a new model to handle these issues.

Just because something can be done, does that mean it should be?
        Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

That's ridiculous, and spoken like a priest of the Inquisition.

Randy would be the first person to cry out against making a god of him, and wanting to forbid anything he hadn't done in a life that was cut brutally short.
          To say a 24-fret Rhoads isn't a Rhoads is just dumb to say. Nobody's crying heresy of a 24-fret King V; do you think Robbin Crosby's spinning in his grave?
          Not for that reason, if he is. Neither
          is Randy, at least not for that reason.
          He probably hates being made a god though. I hope he can resi in peace.
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Diego,

Email sent... and to the original poster... sorry about the thread hijack.

-Mike

Comment

Originally posted by OnlineStageGear:
              I like 24 Frets, not that I really use the 23rd and 24th fret much, but having them usually means better accress up to the 22nd fret.

Matt
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">This is typically the kind of argument that I use to defend 24 frets guitars.

If they build a 24 frets Randy Rhoads, they can call it Randy Rhodes, it will prevent Ron from correcting a lot of mispelling here [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] .

By the way, I don't know if you guys noticed that the sticker in the last catalog show a 24 frets RR.

[ February 19, 2004, 01:47 AM: Message edited by: SLY ]
              What do you mean, "I don't believe in God"? I talk to him every day.

Comment

Originally posted by SLY:
                By the way, I don't know if you guys noticed that the sticker in the last catalog show a 24 frets RR.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes I noticed that right away, like last summer.
                I'm ignoring your other comments, Frenchie! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I'm all for a 24 fret Rhoads! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] I only play RRs and I dislike the fact that they haven't gotten 24 frets like most of the other models. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

I really dont understand this argument! Rhoads is just the body style of the guitar! Just like dinky or strat. Does every rhoads guitar have to have 22 frets to be a rhoads?

Thats ridiculous! If your talking about sig models then you talking about alot more money than a $299 guitar.

How much does a sig SRV model strat run? And I bet its damn near identical to the one he played. Not a cheap knockoff or anything.

So the argument about Sig models not changing I completely agree with, but is every rhoads a sig model? No way! JMO!

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable:
                      IMHO..fret size and trems are minor hardware upgrades and allow the Rhoads signature model to stay pretty true to the original. Changing it from 22 to 24 frets is a major design change.
                      I am sure that a custom builder can make you a 24 fret Rhoads body styled guitar. Leave the Rhoads alone. Its been through enough design changes already.
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Personally, I think a Floyd is a much bigger change to the RR model than frets 23-24 would be. Remember, Randy only had one guitar that fit the description of the RR-1, his black fixed-bridge guitar. And putting in a Floyd involves a lot more modification to that design than adding two frets does. The original white Rhoads with the vintage trem was a very different guitar design that Jackson won't even make anymore.

As far as leaving the Rhoads alone, here's what I think Jackson should do. They ought to make an exact regular production version of the original black rhoads--low-wide frets, binding-over, tune-o-matic, the works--and call it the "Randy Rhoads Model"--but still use the body style for upgraded designs, such as an RR24.

Comment

Rhoads is dead, the masses want 24 frets!!!!

move on! modernize your flagship model Jackson/FMIC! There really is no reason not to have 24 frets. You don't lose any quality over 22 or 21. and you can still play all those songs tha tyou used to play on those old guitars. 24 frets is the way to go! 2 full octaves! hoo wah.

Comment

If you state it that the RR is a model designation like a Les Paul and not a sig, then I guess you can change the specs to keep it current.

If that is so then I think Jackson should have a RR sig to market as the original model. The RR sig should be like the relic RR that Matt is selling, and thr RR series can have multiple models under it.

That a good compromise?
                          Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Originally posted by the_drip:
                            Rhoads is dead, the masses want 24 frets!!!!

move on! modernize your flagship model Jackson/FMIC! There really is no reason not to have 24 frets. You don't lose any quality over 22 or 21. and you can still play all those songs tha tyou used to play on those old guitars. 24 frets is the way to go! 2 full octaves! hoo wah.
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">There already is going to be a 24 fret model. Possibly two of them.

Comment

This I know. But they took way too long.

Comment

and its going to be imported jackson or with different specs..anyways its not that important~~ 22 or 24..!!

Comment

Working...
                                X