Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why does RR1 has 22 frets..so annoying

Originally posted by RacerX:
    This is ridiculous! The fact remains, 24 fret Rhoads' ARE coming, and I predict they will sell well.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">This is not ridiculous. This is the best conversation I have had today.
    We disconnected a line at work and my whole day has been monitoring traffic. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

The debate, as long as it is civil is cool.
    Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam:
      I'm sure he would have had 24-fret guitars and Floyds had he lived.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">How can you be so sure of that? From the sound of things before he died, had he lived, he would've been playing classical guitar and probably hardly ever played an electric guitar again.

Comment

I like 24 Frets, not that I really use the 23rd and 24th fret much, but having them usually means better accress up to the 22nd fret.

Matt

Comment

Agreed. Rhoads would probably not have given a shit if someone wanted a 24 fret RR if he was still alive, whether he'd be playing ANYTHING or not.

Randy Rhoads is dead. Accept it and move on. His ghost will not come to haunt anyone for adding frets to his signature model. If you want to pay some sort of homage to him (which he is unaware of, incidentally), then you are free to do so, but you have absolutely no authority to dictate to others how or why any modification to his signature model can or cannot be done.

On the marketing front - you know which model of JacksonStars sells the most and the fastest? The RR. It's 24 frets. It seems only in America do we find people who cling to the letter of tradition concerning something as trivial as a guitar.

The only people who would say anything negative to you about owning a 24 fret RR are the narrow-minded purists who, incidentally, are speaking AGAINST the very spirit of innovation and non-acceptance of the Status Quo that Jackson - let alone Rock And Roll - represents.

Get over it, people. Rhoads is not a minor deity, and compared to later shredders, his technique is simplistic. Yes he set the world on fire, and no one else can ever undo what he did, or diminish his contribution to music, but you people hung up on tradition are in serious need of help - there's no difference in what you're saying and what I'm sure others told Randy when he was combining classical technique with rock - "Don't change what works for someone else just because you want something different".

Newc
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Oh yeah! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

OK... I can't resist anymore [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] .

Comment

You shredded the strings right off the red one! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
                  You shredded the strings right off the red one! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I can't help it... my sweat is really acidic [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] .

Comment

Damn nice! Are they custom shop models?

Comment

Nevermind, I see they are Jackson Stars. What country are they sold in? And is it possible to get one in the US?

Comment

Originally posted by BillM:
                        What country are they sold in?
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Japan.

And is it possible to get one in the US?
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Not unless you import it yourself.

'bane

Comment

Jackson Stars? when the fuck??? [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] drip [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Sunbane is correct. These are Japan only. Due to a company in Japan already having the name "Jackson," Jackson labels their guitars "Grover Jackson" for the lower end and "Jackson Stars" for the higher end. Mr. Newc knows more than I do. These guitars are top quality, very close if not the same as USA select. I offered these guitars before in the classified section, but I did not get all that much interest. I am still open to trades or other offers if anyone is interested. I would like to keep one, but I can be convinced to let both go [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] . GAS can strike at any time...

-Mike

Comment

Approximately how much would one of those cost in US Dollars?

Comment

Working...
                                X