No announcement yet.

New Lefty PC1. Very Stoked - I think...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Lefty PC1. Very Stoked - I think...

Just got my lefty PC1 in Chlorine yesterday. Man that top is amazing. The neck rocks as well. It plays like butter. Props to DCGL for the awesome setup. This would be my 3rd purchase from DCGL and my 2nd Jackson.

This is the Jackson that I have always wanted. Jason said that it was on order for 2 years. They recently started making them lefthanded.

Although, I am kinda bummed out, the sustainer system wasn't working when I plugged her in. I looked on the back and noticed that the red light on the back was a little dim. I'm hoping that the shop just had old batteries laying around and that it's not a sign of things to come. One of the nine volts looked a little damaged.

Has anybody else ran into this?

Re: New Lefty PC1. Very Stoked - I think...

Try changing fresh batteries, if you haven't already. I had the same problem with mine out of the case, but a fresh set of batteries did the trick. Also with the intensity knob turned down the sustainer effect is very subtle. Try turning the intensity knob all the way on and new batteries.

Another tip to save battery life is to not leave your cable plugged in when not using the guitar. That will kill your batteries really quick!

Hope that helps...and btw...welcome to the PC1 club. Your gonna love it!

ken

Comment

From one lefty to another, Congrats.
      Now how about some pics?

Comment

from another lefty... i agree, congrats and i think every model should be made in lefty
        post them pix

Comment

Congrats! The red light coming on means the batteries are dead.
          I don't think Brooks will mind me posting this for him from his website...

Picture props to Brooks!

Comment

Thats not his guitar, but another cool lefty...

Brooks
            www.BrooksGuitarUniverse.com

Comment

I'll have to take some new pics, the one from DCGL doesn't show the top off really well.

I'll check out some fresh batteries tonight and take a couple pics. I just love the top on this thing.

Lefties - We all need to give Jason at DCGL Props for begging Jackson to do these lefty. He really went to bat on this one.

BTW is that lefty PC1 on Brooks site a custom shop model? I haven't seen one with the ebony fret board before. If so I bet that one cost a mint.

Comment

That looks like Rosewood to me, but whatever.

I ran into a similar problem on my Chlorine. When I turned on the sustainer sometimes it would cut out the output of my guitar completely. I never did understand it, but it has stopped now. I think it was a weak connection.

Anyways, rock on with that purchase.

Comment

Tried new batteries. It works now! Very cool!
                  I can think up some cool stuff with this.

here are some pics as promised. WARNING there are a couple gibsons there as well. (My SL1 doesn't hang very straight so I don't like to hang it.)

In person the top is a little more aqua green in the middle which is really cool!

Comment

it looks weird being a lefty, but its got to be awesome none the less. Glad the new batteries. I have to change mine all the time, I use it all the time.

Comment

That is a beautiful PC1. Just another one to add to my "I know I'll never be able to get one" list. I'm @ work typing this and all the girls in the office think it's a very pretty color. Wait, a very very pretty color. I myself think it's a rockin' paint job. Again, Congrats!! We lefties need to stick together. And I agree that all models should be offered as a lefty as well
                      (without the upcharge).

Comment

Originally posted by BlizzardOfOzz:
                        That is a beautiful PC1. Just another one to add to my "I know I'll never be able to get one" list. I'm @ work typing this and all the girls in the office think it's a very pretty color. Wait, a very very pretty color. I myself think it's a rockin' paint job. Again, Congrats!! We lefties need to stick together. And I agree that all models should be offered as a lefty as well
                        (without the upcharge).
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">If the chicks dig it [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] - Thats what counts [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

It takes so long to make one becuase it's a special order... Start saving up a few bucks here and there and you'll have the cash. In fact there are some places that let you put something on order with only 100.00 bucks. Rob @ guitar asylum let me order my Wayne w/100 bucks, and I know he sells Jacksons. Mabye even Easton guitars may do it as well. Easton quoted me a couple hundred less than Drum City. The thing is that I just couldn't wait any longer. [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Comment

Very cool.

I'm just stuck on inlays. I really need them to play.

joe...
                          www.godwentpunk.com
                          www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

Originally posted by GodWentPUNK:
                            Very cool.

I'm just stuck on inlays. I really need them to play.

joe...
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">We'll, see how the gigs go this weekend. I haven't really played without them on the board before but it still has markers on the top of the neck. I should be ok just playing but when I'm singing and playing that may take some getting used to.

Comment

DCGL has a purple/pink PC1 with gold hardware that was awsome. I was thinking of getting the guitar and then have some dots added afterwards. But like always, a dollar short, by the time I did my reseach the guitar was gone. Oh well, I picked'd up a lefty 1986 SD Jackson V instead.

joe...
                              www.godwentpunk.com
                              www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

Working...
                              X