No announcement yet.

New Lefty PC1. Very Stoked - I think...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Lefty PC1. Very Stoked - I think...

He's right, though. When playing, you almost never use the inlays for reference anyways. It's the side dots that matter, and they're still there on the PC1.

Comment

Originally posted by GodWentPUNK:
      DCGL has a purple/pink PC1 with gold hardware that was awsome. I was thinking of getting the guitar and then have some dots added afterwards. But like always, a dollar short, by the time I did my reseach the guitar was gone. Oh well, I picked'd up a lefty 1986 SD Jackson V instead.

joe...
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I saw that one a couple months ago and thought about it but it really wasn't the color that I wanted. Although that color is now discontinued I heard.

Comment

Hey everyone,

that first lefty posted in this thread (from Brooks' site) is mine, and it's indeed a custom shop. Here's some more photos of it..... Sorry for the bad quality. My camera's just a cheapo! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mark Senff:
          [QB] Hey everyone,

that first lefty posted in this thread (from Brooks' site) is mine, and it's indeed a custom shop. Here's some more photos of it..... Sorry for the bad quality. My camera's just a cheapo! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
          Looks very sweet [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] I ve got many questions for you

1. Where did you order it through?
          2. Did you order it before they started making them available lefty
          3. Or did you order it w/ebony 'cause you don't like maple?

Comment

Originally posted by GodWentPUNK:
            Very cool.

I'm just stuck on inlays. I really need them to play.

joe...
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I thought I did to, but I bought a PC1 anyways. It turns out, if the inlays are there, I use them. If they are not, I use the dots on top. I found the transition VERY easy to make.

- E.
            Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Those frigging dots are too small for an old man like me to see. I'd look pretty weird always having to put on my bifocals before each solo. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

joe...
              www.godwentpunk.com
              www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

I assure you that the dots are more psychological than useful,but you've got to live with one to find out [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

I did 4 gigs with it so far and I don't miss the markers. The only time that I wouls screw up was when I was dinkin' with the switching system. [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] It takes a little to get used to.

Comment

Welcome to the board Mark...

Brooks
                    www.BrooksGuitarUniverse.com

Comment

Originally posted by labelscott:
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">1. I am the webmaster of DEFLEPPARD.com so I'm in touch with Phil, and I asked him if he could hook me up with the people at Jackson/Fender.
                      2. No idea if it was before or after (cause I don't know when they started it)! I placed my order around April 2003, and it took them about 9 months to build it.
                      3. I don't like maple indeed, that's the only reason why I asked for rosewood.

So yeah, my order was pretty simple: a custom lefty with rosewood fretboard. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Senff:
                        </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by labelscott:
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">1. I am the webmaster of DEFLEPPARD.com so I'm in touch with Phil, and I asked him if he could hook me up with the people at Jackson/Fender.
                        2. No idea if it was before or after (cause I don't know when they started it)! I placed my order around April 2003, and it took them about 9 months to build it.
                        3. I don't like maple indeed, that's the only reason why I asked for rosewood.

So yeah, my order was pretty simple: a custom lefty with rosewood fretboard. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                        </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It's truly one-of-a-kind [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Hey Mark, it's a great looking guitar.

I have seen what you do to peoples' threads over at Defleppard.com, thank god your not an admin here! LoL, jk jk jk. It doesn't matter over there because there is like little to no educational material. hehehe

This is interesting, (the picture is horrible) Does this not look like a Charvel PC1. I have been looking at that headstock for a little while, that looks a lot more like a "C" than a "J".

I miss the green PC1, most beautiful thing I ever layed my eyes on...

Comment

Working...
                          X