Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another help indentifying thread...

Howdy!

Got (my first!) Jackson the other day (so be gentle) from an estate sale (unfortunatley didn't get a digital camera so I can snap some pics...). I've been doing some searching around (and the past couple hours on the JCF here) but I've been unable to figure this thing out. Serial number is 7862. I reckon it's a dinky body with volume/tone/3way switches, 2 single coil Jackson pickups and a Lawrence humbucker. Sharkfin inlays. Made in USA.

Another odd thing (I think!) is on the fretboard right above the first pickup is the letter 'W' stamped on the lower right side. Anybody know if this has a purpose/meaning?

This is the extent of my knowledge but I'm hoping that its enough for a positive ID.

On another note, it was a great price ($150) considering its in great condition and came with the hard case. missing the string insert blocks (previous owner had it tightened to the ball-end of the string), trem arm, allen wrenches, and a knob cover... but including the 30 bucks all that stuff cost me from stewmac I think I still made out on the deal... however, could somebody possibly give me a price on it? Like I said, pretty darn good condition, little wear.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and let me know if I can provide more info or anything. Thanks!

Re: Another help indentifying thread...

Is it a neck thru or a bolt on neck? what address is on the neck plate?A pic would be a great help in the ID process.150.00 bucks why can't I get deals like that???? Im happy for you great score!! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I knew I was forgetting something!

Bolt-on neck, address is 4452 Airport Dr. Ontario CA 91761 U.S.A.

Comment

Well, now I feel like a dummy. I could've sworn I looked through the gallery at all of the axes, but I guess not. Turns out it's a PCS Dinky, exactly like this one.

Now I'm curious on how much they normally go for, if anyone has an idea.

Other than that, sorry for wasting your time!

[ February 17, 2004, 11:54 PM: Message edited by: billz ]

Comment

$150 for a USA Dinky? [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] Score!
          I'd say those'd go for at least 500 on the open market.
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I thought the PCSs would sell for a little more than a regular US Dinky...

Anyway, great score, dude! Let's see some pics!!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
            Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
            X