Score! Jackson USA Fusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Score! Jackson USA Fusion

Just scored Jackson #2 (for me) on Ebay...
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3703858347

This is my first USA Jackson nad I am phsyched! Don't know if I went too high but I think it's a good deal. Anybody know this guy? Please let me know before I send the $570 clams.

Looks good in the pic although I am not a big fan of the paint job. It's supposed to be in good shape except for a large scratch on the back of the body. Crappy pics so it's hard to tell. I mostly want it for a player and I think the price is good enough to overlook a minor issue or two. Ebony board and Original Floyd...Yeah!

Let me know whatcha think.

Peace,
    Frank

Re: Score! Jackson USA Fusion

Looks cool to me. The statement "Anybody know this guy? Please let me know before I send the $570 clams" is a little disconcerting. You won the auction, you'll be sending him $570 clams wether someone here knows the seller or not.

I'm sorry if I'm out of line and out of bounds, that just caught my eye and wouldn't let go.

Comment

That should be a good deal for you, me thinks. But, I would have went for the tye-dye one. You can always to a refin down the road. And, I thought Fusions had Schallers, not OFR's. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Brian

Comment

[img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] EOM!! Jack.

Comment

Chuckracer: No worries man. I didn't say I wasn't going to pay him, I just asked if anybody knew him as in it would be nice to have an idea of who I am dealing with. No sweat though, I think I have done my homework and I am double-checking references just to be sure. Apparently there are still folks out there who haven't been ripped off yet. I am not one of them and don't wish to repeat that scenario [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

BTB007: Fusion's have Schallers? Didn;t know that but that's OK by me. I like Schaller's, I just assumed... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I was going for the tie-dye one until he told me he wouldn't take less than $800 for it. $570 I can do, $800, I don't know. I think we are in SL-1 or DK-1 territory there. Whatever. I admit it, I am a newbie to Jacksons so it's probably a little bit of excitment in there but I am looking forward to it. Peace [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

First off, that's a gorgeous paint job IMHO. [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] I LOVE Fusions!!!

Secondly, if it does have a Schaller, in my books that's a good thing. In fact, I am pretty sure I read somewhere that new OFRs are made by Schaller anyway.
            Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

That's a pretty decent price on that guitar. Most USA Fusions have been going for at least $600 lately, since they all seem to have graphics. Did Jackson actually make a USA Fusion without a graphic? I don't recall ever seeing one.

Comment

Originally posted by pro-fusion:
                That's a pretty decent price on that guitar. Most USA Fusions have been going for at least $600 lately, since they all seem to have graphics. Did Jackson actually make a USA Fusion without a graphic? I don't recall ever seeing one.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You see solid colors every once in a while. I like them better than most of the graphics (Nebula, Deco Girl, and certain examples of Sunset Beach being the exceptions). Slayer has (had?) a blue one that I was working on buying off him a while back. That fell through, though. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Saw it, seemed like a decent deal. I just wasn't into the money order thing. If they won't take paypal I am usually not interested. I have warbird and love it.

Comment

WOW, just got the guitar. What a KILLER axe! In super-nice condition. I will post some pics tonight. Thanks to all for the advice. God bless [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Quote:
                      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Secondly, if it does have a Schaller, in my books that's a good thing. In fact, I am pretty sure I read somewhere that new OFRs are made by Schaller anyway.
                      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The OFR is indeed made in Germany by Schaller.

Comment

It's got a Schaller and it's great! Man, except for two dings this thing is mint!!!!! I will get pics up soon. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I like the Jackson Schallers better than the Original Floyd's. Fine tuners seem to be a little smoother and have more range and I like the short stubby string retainer screws.
                          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Good buy congrads.

Comment

I`ll second that Xeno!! I prefer the Schaller Floyd over the Original Floyd, they just seam tighter and I also like the shorter pins.I would like to also say, yes I had a USA Fusion in Coral Sea and Electric Blue and have since sold both for slightly thicker necked guitars, the Fusions have very thin neck profiles. Jack.

Comment

Working...
                              X