Can someone ID this for me (pic)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone ID this for me (pic)

Not sure what model this is or year, had it for ages love it. Can someone help. Click for guitar(Pic)

Re: Can someone ID this for me (pic)

either a usa series dinky or fusion..difference is the scale length...25.5 for dinky, 24.75 for fusion...d.m.
    http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

I think It's a Fusion but I can't tell if the lower horn has the scoop or not. If the back has a scoop then Fusion, If not...Dinky?!

Although I thought Fusions had the switch for the active curcuit which yours does not. I'm also assuming it has the Ontario address on the neckplate.

Comment

lower horn has a scoop, has ontario neck plate and no actives, so thats a fusion then?

Comment

Originally posted by ManyAxes:
          I think It's a Fusion but I can't tell if the lower horn has the scoop or not. If the back has a scoop then Fusion, If not...Dinky?!

Although I thought Fusions had the switch for the active curcuit which yours does not. I'm also assuming it has the Ontario address on the neckplate.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The scalloped lower horn and heel are not indicators of a Fusion. This is a misconception that we need to correct.

There were Dinkys with those body features... I personally have two dinkys with both the scalloped horn and scalloped heel joint. I've got a fusion with only the scalloped heel joint. And I have another Dinky with only the Scalloped heel joint.

Check the neck scale. Diablomozart gave the scales for each. If it's a Dinky then I'd say it's an early DK1. But looking at that guitar I'd say that it is more likely a Fusion USA because of the placement of the pickup selector. You said that it doesn't have active electronics??
          Occupy JCF

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by TEKKY:
            Originally posted by ManyAxes:
            [qb] If it's a Dinky then I'd say it's an early DK1.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Nope. The older DK1s only had 22 frets. And I believe they had Duncan pickups, too. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Nah...that's definitely a Fusion...I've owned 2 of these in the past.
              They were my main axes for several years.
              The years of production were from '91 to '94 I believe. Look up your serial # on the chart, and that will tell you what year it is.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam:
                Nope. The older DK1s only had 22 frets. And I believe they had Duncan pickups, too. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, I keep not looking at the number of frets... For the longest time I've mis-diagnosed my fusion for a 475DLX because of that...
                Occupy JCF

Comment

yep, i'll check the serial number to the chart.
                  No active elctroncs, I've just put dimarzio's at the bridge and neck. Gorgeous guitar though.

Comment

The tell tale visual sign for a Fusion is the mini toggle switch located in between the volume and tone. But the best indicator for a Fusion is the scale length as mentioned above. Keep in mind that an older Jackson that's changed many hands in ownership might have been modified by changing out pickups, controls, and even other swaps. So you can't really go by active electronics or not. Also, the serial number will come into play here. Because they were no USA Production Dinky guitars during the USA Production Fusion guitars. Fusions will have a six digit serial number. Dinkys from that time will only have four. Post a closer picture of the body and a serial number so we can put this to rest.
                    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                    Gotta get away from here.
                    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

It looks just like my PS-4, but the MOP logo and sharkfins throw me. Perhaps a PS-4 with a upgraded neck? Is it stock? The reason I ask is that all my pups on mine have the Jackson logo. There are upgrades that have been made to this guitar.

Regardless, this is a GORGEOUS axe. I absolutely love it. In my opinion, the only thing this lacks from what would be my dream guitar is H-S-H pups config and neckthru.

Is the fretboard showing wear between 10 and 11?

Comment

Awwww, no fair actually posting a nice clear picture to aid in the ID process!

The guys here prefer a challenge along the lines of:

"Guitar, six strings, says Jackson on the headstock. Has six tuning pegs, one for each string. Black. What model is it?"

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

- E.
                        Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Well it would have to be from 91-95... in 96 I think Jackson stopped using their own pickups and switched.

From the looks of it, I'd say 92 or 93.

Check it against the serial chart to be sure. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexL:
                            Awwww, no fair actually posting a nice clear picture to aid in the ID process!

The guys here prefer a challenge along the lines of:

"Guitar, six strings, says Jackson on the headstock. Has six tuning pegs, one for each string. Black. What model is it?"

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

- E.
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That always amazes me. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

i have serious doubts about the validity of tha pic.

it seems manipulated.

Comment

Working...
                              X