Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GOT MY KV1..DREAM GUITAR...!!!!!

Ok,

So some of you know I am a Mustaien freak, and a KV1 dreamer. Not just because of Dave, just because I like fixed bridges, specifically the Kahler, and King V models. Dave's Signature certainly helps...

Anyways, I got my KV1 Blue Ghost Flames from Kremit, after months of paying for it..still owe a bit (no worries, chris).

This is the best guitar I have ever owned, or played..or could think of. The neck is sex, the look is mean, and the qaulity is high.

I put a SD invader in the bridge, and Screamin Demon at the neck....the things screams and growls.

Kevin Easton told me this is probably the only KV1 with a Blue Ghost flames finish. There were only 3 King V's that made it to usa select, because they were ending the production of the KV1, right at the time they were introducing the USA select series. Accordign to the Jackson catalog, and dealers I talked to...and AMIC, the KV1 was not available in USA select finishes.

There was this one, a cream one, and one more..
    I was informed that this was used on the 99 or 2000 (or 01..can't remember) catalog, only a floyd rose was photoshopped on it.

I've dreamed of a KV1 since like 8th grade, and into early high school. A handful of years later...I own one.

Anyways, just thought I would share my friend dropped by with a special cigarette that put me in a sharing mood.

Re: GOT MY KV1..DREAM GUITAR...!!!!!

Originally posted by GWARGHOUL:
    some of you know I am a Mustaien freak,
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">A what freak? [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Damn you, Ron...

Comment

Congrats Steve - I know you've been looking forward to that one for quite a while now. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
        Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Congratulations! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Since I'm a fan of King Vs and fixed bridges myself, I can totally understand your enthusiasm!

How's the Kahler compared to a string-thru tune-o-matic?
          Does it feel quite similar or totally different?
          (I'm talking about height above the body, the feel of doing palm-mutes and such things).

I desperately want a USA King V with a fixed bridge, but I've never played on a Kahler, so I don't really know if the Dave Mustaine model is something for me... and I would prefer the normal headstock and sharkfins above the KV2T specs.
          http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Yep...I'm so happy. Thanks.

The Kahler feels more low profile than a tunamatic. Feels really comfortable to palm mute on, and has lots of room,
            I also really dig the fine tuners on it.
            Those combined with the LSR tuners, it never really goes out of tune,and if it does, its quite easy to fix.

It sounds good too, but I heard if you take the base plate out from underneath the kahler, it transfers more vibration etc, and makes it sound a bit better.

Comment

Good choice with the Invader as well. I'm really digging the one that's in my Warrior.
              Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Are we forgetting something...

Comment

:ahem: ...pics please?

Comment

Congratulations! :toast

Sounds like a nice guitar, and a rare one, too!

How about some pics for those of us who are living vicariously through you?

Comment

come on, where's the f***'in pics???? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

- Rune.

Comment

If you take the shim out from the Kahler, you will have to jack the saddles way up to compensate. I think someone should make brass Kahler shims for improved vibrational transfer.

Congrats on the cool score! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah that would be one of my ultimate KV's as well. Once I get the cash I need I'll be sending my KV1 off for a little surprise....hopefully soon [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I'll have plenty of pics of it too.
                          RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
                          RIP Dime

Comment

I'll take some picts tonight! My cam is super-low qaulity, so if Kremit wants to post high res picts for me, would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Jim, that is an excellent idea!
                              I'de pay someone here to route me a piece of brass for that.

Comment

Working...
                              X