pickup suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pickup suggestions

well after finding out that emgs 81s are extremely sterile i need somethin else to put in my next guitar. Im looking for somethin sorta like a j50bc but different sounding somehow so i dont sound exactly like alexi and roope and everyone else who uses em now. I need something with a ceramic magnet that isnt weak in highs or lows. Does anyone have any suggestions.
    EDIT: dammit wrong forum, im stupid.

[ February 20, 2004, 06:15 PM: Message edited by: Poof Daddy ]

Re: pickup suggestions

Try a dimebucker.

Comment

I just put a Duncan Custom in my Dinky and I love it. YMMV. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

You could try a Duncan Distortion.

Comment

Originally posted by pitboss:
          Try a dimebucker.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I have a Dimebucker in a DK2....Sounds real good.
          >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

I'll second the Duncan Custom.

Comment

I second the Distortion, massive ceramic magnet and it is definitely not weak in the highs or lows. Great harmonics as well. The Custom is also a good pickup, just not as high output as the Distortion. The Custom is a very well rounded pickup in my opinion. However, the Distortion is my favorite bridge pickup.

Comment

Just like the other emg thread, I would suggest an EMG 85 setup in 18V. That's my favorite sound.... brutal, crunchy and much warmth. My favorite death metal pickup. [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
                The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

EMGs are awesome, but for passive pups, I personally love the DiMarzio X2N or the Super Distortion. Honorable mention goes to the Tone Zone. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yet another PU question - anyone try LiveWire Metals ? How do they compare to EMG 81 or 85 ?

Comment

I am also looking for new pickups. I currently have The Super 3, its a good pickup, but not completely for me. It has a lot of Mids which I like, and it gives out a nice crunch. But I would not call it a smooth pickup at all. I am now getting into Slash and Vai a lot, and the sound is completely off. I really do like the evolutions, they give out a great sound. But I also like the Steve's Special. Both seem a little more crisp and rounded.

Comment

Working...
                      X