Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Roswell in da house

Originally posted by YetAnotherOne:
    The link is here in the latest "UPS destroyed my guitar" thread.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">thanks! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks for posting the extra pics. I have never seen a real Roswell up close. I always wondered what the back looked like, and how they did the transition from aluminum to wood. Now I'm left wondering.....How does it sound? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Does it have good sustain?
      >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

Acoustically, they sound like a Dobro or National. Amplified, the Tom Holmes humbucker isn't bad. I'm more of a Duncan fan, myself.

Word of caution - the pickup is supposed to look slightly worn/crusty - don't try to clean up the oxidation on it, they were made that way [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Doug - I took a bunch of pics of mine when I took it apart, so if you wanna see how it's put together, click here:
        http://autumn-frost.com/RSW014

Newc
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc:
          Acoustically, they sound like a Dobro or National. Amplified, the Tom Holmes humbucker isn't bad. I'm more of a Duncan fan, myself.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Plugged in, it's not a bad tone at all. Matter of fact, I was surprised at how thick the tone was.
          "POOP"

Comment

Newc,
            Maaaaan.... I feel like I need to offer my condolences....or send flowers or something. What happened?
            >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

Don't feel too bad for him - he bought it that way. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
              Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Yeah, I bought it that way [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                Paid a measly $600+ shipping for it [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                Then got the only living Roswell replacement neck from Kevin Easton for $350 [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Sweet deal for me, but in the end I couldn't justify keeping it - it only had one pickup, no Floyd, and weighed more than a Les Paul. Plus, I just couldn't dig the sound of it.
                I definitely shoulda left that one where I found it and let someone else have at it.

Newc
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc:
                  ... I couldn't justify keeping it - it only had one pickup, no Floyd, and weighed more than a Les Paul.
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Don't you mean, "... weighed more than a pair of Les Pauls?" [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                  Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Working...
                  X