Jackson Vintage Style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Vintage Style

Anyone know where I could get more information on these. I have found very little on these. I have a Jackson that I had the Custom Shop verify a couple of years ago as a 1989. I originally thought it was a Dinky, but I went to by newer case for it and it was bigger than that. I found a couple places where I found what my appears to be called a "vintage style".

Thanks.

Re: Jackson Vintage Style

That's the Jackson term for a full-size ("non-Dinky") Strat, generally just referred to as a "Jackson Strat" around here.

Nice guitars. I have an '88 Dinky, and I'm always kind of on the lookout for a Strat to go with it. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Oh, and I'll beat everyone else to it:

PICS!

Mike
    Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

Hey Mike,

You still have that black/yellow crackle Strat?
      Just curious...that was a sweet player...had I been a "strat type" of guy...I would've held onto that one.

~Ken

Comment

Nah, I sold it to a friend of Brett's, who's name escapes me at the moment. It was a nice guitar, but I decided to trim down last year, and it wasn't getting played much, so it went to someone who, I hope, IS playing it.

I sold it for what I had in it, so he got as good a deal as I did. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I always liked it, but never quite as much as my white '88 Dinky. If I were to by a Jackson Strat (or another Dinky), it would be with a maple board, as I'm looking to expand my pallette a bit.
        Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

the word vintage alone gives me the creps.

woudl you want a vintage 45 yuear old lover?

Comment

Originally posted by Gilbert Coleo:

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No, but if I had to choose, I'd want the vintage lover over your spelling. Either that or give me the "creps." [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Be careful about dissing the MILF's, bro, we got a few hunters on the boards here. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
            "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
            Gotta get away from here.
            Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
            Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

The official term for these guitars in my `89 catalogue is simply, Double Cutaway, I used to have one myself with a Jimi Hendrix Supernova Explosion Graphic, but I ended up trading it for my Rhoads.

Comment

mmmmmmmmmmm MILF [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750:
                  </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Gilbert Coleo:

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No, but if I had to choose, I'd want the vintage lover over your spelling. Either that or give me the "creps." [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Be careful about dissing the MILF's, bro, we got a few hunters on the boards here. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                  </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Somebody call me??? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                  Occupy JCF

Comment

I`ve just found a picture of my old Double Cutaway with one of my long departed Charvel Model 6`s. If anyone in the Forum now owns this guitar, please let me know if you want to sell it !!!! It was my first!!
                    http://steve-wright.fotopic.net/p3018773.html

Comment

Only Me Again!!!! but I`ve just scanned this picture in of the `89 catalogue with the Jackson (Strat) Double Cutaway section.
                      http://steve-wright.fotopic.net/p3019905.html
                      Sorry about the condition though!!

Comment

Sorry guys, been out of town on business. My wife has filed the cd's with my guitar pictures on them and I have no idea where they are. Once I find them, I'll add the pics. Simply, it is black with white / off white drizzle or marbling through it. I am told that it was called a "marble" finish.

Comment

Working...
                        X