Custom Shop question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Shop question

Sorry if this has been asked. Searched but didnt see anything on this.

How is Jacksons Custom Shop right now? Are they still pumping out great guitars or having any problems or anything? I WAS getting a BC Rich Custom but their Custom Shop is impossible to deal with. I already put in an order for a Jackson Custom. Just wanted to get some opinions from you guys. Help a newbie out [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
    My friend got a KE2 a few months back and it is a damn nice guitar!

Great site as well. Its quite cool to see pics of everyones Jacksons here!

Re: Custom Shop question

I'm not sure if you were around for the pics I posted last month but I picked this up in December. It was built for last summer's NAMM show and is a killer axe. I didn't deal with the custom shop on it but if it's quality you're concerned about, there're no worries at all in that respect.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Wow! Great looking axe! Hope she plays as nice as she looks!! Yeah I was just concerned with the quality. Like I said I was gonna get a Rich, but right now they have their heads buried in each others *ahem*....
      Couldnt even get Korina for me and if they did it woulda been an extra $1000. So just making sure my axe is gonna be able to be made without any major complications. Its pretty standard design specs so I dont see any problems I hope!

Can Jackson take pics in different stages of building as well? I'd like to make sure my baby is done the way I want!

Comment

One more question. About necks. I did the Jackson quote thing and there were two options for necks I think. Sl-1(?) and Speed. What is the SL-1 neck? I'm wanting a fatter neck. I had a KV2 and the neck was just too think, I have big hands and I started to hurt after awhile.

Comment

The Sl-1 necks are the "standard" Jackson necks. KV2s have speed necks that are extra thin. So yes, a Sl-1 neck would probably be a little easier on your hands since it is thicker than the neck on the KV2.

Comment

Originally posted by Iced In Flames:
            Hope she plays as nice as she looks!!
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No worries there, Jackson is still building killer players. IMHO this one plays every bit as well as the Rhoads I bought 20 years ago.
            Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

To be honest, I haven't heard of any real quality issues since Fender took over. I'm sure there has to be a few, but none mentioned here that I can recall.
              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Great! I'm glad to hear that! Thanks for all the help!

Comment

You have nothing to worry about. I just got my post Fender lefty Phil Collen Model and it was top notch. That's a normal USA Model [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] . I couldn't imagine how sweet a custom would be.

Also keep in mind that BC rich isn't owned by the Rico family anymore. So I'm sure that you would have the same concerns.

Comment

Yeah I dunno who owns em now but they arent doing a good job. The Ohio factory is in chaos at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Iced In Flames:
                      Yeah I dunno who owns em now but they arent doing a good job. The Ohio factory is in chaos at the moment.
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'm sure Davitt and Hanser (HHI)...will put them in the ground like Class(less) Axe almost did.
                      Their customer relations suck to the 10th degree...and their lead times on custom shop stuff is ridiculous.
                      You won't have that problem with Jackson. The last I heard...Jackson's lead time on custom shop stuff was 6 months or less!!
                      it seems Fender lit a fire under their asses when it came to the custom shop. I got my Death Warrior in 5 months from the time I placed my order....when I was originally told 10 to 12 months!

Comment

Originally posted by j2379:
                        sweet....BTW if you want a BCRich custom check out Neal Mosers custom shop. Jacksons & BCRichs are very different guitars. dont think i could substitute one for the other. & i have both tho not custom shop made.
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yep I've talked with Neal about some work. He cant build what I want as of yet but in March it he will be able to. Seems he's gonna start building for BC Rich. Looks like a good thing he got Yavcon with him now.

Comment

sweet....BTW if you want a BCRich custom check out Neal Mosers custom shop. Jacksons & BCRichs are very different guitars. dont think i could substitute one for the other. & i have both tho not custom shop made.

Comment

Working...
                          X