SLS Soloist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLS Soloist

Has anyone played one of the new USA Select SLS Soloists? If so, how do they sound/feel compared to an SL-1 or SL-2H? The only one that I have seen is the one that is currently on eBay.

Re: SLS Soloist

SLS.
    does it mean super light Soloist?
    If so, it must sound very different than the regular soloist like SL1 or 2h

Comment

I can tell you in approx. 4 to 12 weeks, if you want to wait that long [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] I recently ordered an SLS. I admit I never played one of the new SLS', but I always liked the "old" ones from '97/'98 (??). [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by dinkyjacksonman:
        SLS.
        does it mean super light Soloist?
        If so, it must sound very different than the regular soloist like SL1 or 2h
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, I agree with you, Toru. I would think that a Soloist that was made from Super Light Mahogany would sound very different. I am mostly curious about how the necks feel.

Comment

I've got an older SLS, and it's solid mahogany, just thinner than a regular SL. The neck is thinner than the other Soloists I've had (a San Dimas, a 1990 USA, an Archtop, and currently a 1990 Pro), but not as thin as an RR1 neck (as I mistakenly reported previously).

I'd live to see a newer one with the inlays shown in the 2003 catalog [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Newc
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Here is the link to the one on eBay: (info purposes only)

SLS

Is body binding standard on these? AFAIK, The J/C website does not mention body binding.

Comment

I like the looks of that bridge...I'd be interested to try one out.

Comment

Originally posted by fritzreiser:
                Is body binding standard on these?
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I've been told the SLS comes with body-binding. Seems someone forgot to mention it in the specs on the Jackson-website.

Comment

I played the snakeskin SLS and import SLS at NAMM. They were both lighter and thinner (body and neck) than a standard Soloist. The body almost felt like my Stealth body.

Comment

does anbyone know what sls stands for?

isn't it short length soloist?

Comment

Working...
                    X