Help with S/N for '83 or '84 Rhoads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with S/N for '83 or '84 Rhoads

A few years ago I bought off ebay a early Rhoads.It was in bad shape.But it was priced right and I got it.It's a custom.Brass is nice.One original pickup.I added brass pickup surrounds.Has a brass truss rod cover with RR on it.The guitar is set up and plays unreal now..Heres's the deal.The s/n was scratched out.the RR is still there and you can make out maybe 2 numbers after the RR.Looks like RR00??.The guitar was stripped of it's paint(its natural now) but the control cavity is cream.Is there anyway to ID this guitar? I heard x-ray it.Let me know what ya think...Cort

Re: Help with S/N for \'83 or \'84 Rhoads

Is it equipped with a Kahler? Because I have two SD Rhoads with Kahlers and the work orders are stamped into the Kahler cavity. With the work order you can identify the date from the log book. And, if you're sure the beginning of what's left of your serial number is RR00 then you certainly can narrow this down pretty close.
    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

hey you a kahler fan?

why don't you (the rest of you) not get it:

floyds suck. kahlers rule.

end of story.

Comment

Hurricane Gilbert has come ashore... [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Here's some info that I left off..It's a string thru.Sharkfin inlays,bound neck and head stock.It's a Custom not a student..Cort

Comment

kahlers suck. These were made for people with limp wrists!(only applies to narrow minded people) Get it!

[ February 26, 2004, 12:25 PM: Message edited by: DJROBA ]
            1990 Jackson Professional
            1992 Dean ML
            2004 Epiphone Flying V
            2005 Epiphone Dot
            2009 Fender Stratocaster
            2007 Fender H/S/S Stratocaster
            2004 Fender Telecaster Deluxe
            2006 Fender P Bass
            2006 Ibanez Exotic Acoustic
            1984 Marshall JCM800 Stack
            1996 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe DeVille
            Custom Pedalboard
            ADA MP1
            ADA FX2
            Tascam 2488

Comment

If it's one of the first hundred it's strange that someone would deface the serial number. It usually makes you think a guitar has been stolen. Have you tried looking at it with a magnifying glass to make out the digits? It probably started out white if the cavity is cream colored. There were probably only a few white string thru customs in the first hundred. In the old days you could call the custom shop and they would dig through the logbook and tell you which matched the description. They don't do that anymore.

You can see if it has the typical early construction details, beyond that maybe check for a date code on the pots. The originals are probably gone if it's been completely stripped though. I would think that with a refin. and the serial number issue the value wouldn't be affected by what the actual number is now. It's a player guitar, not a collector. Still probably a great guitar for what you paid.

Maybe someone will pop up with a police report from 1986 saying their cream RR0050 was stolen [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Gilbert Coleo:
                hey you a kahler fan?

why don't you (the rest of you) not get it:

floyds suck. kahlers rule.

end of story.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That is blasphemy! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by DJROBA:
                  kahlers suck. These were made for people with limp wrists!(only applies to narrow minded people) Get it!
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">i don't think he was asking for your opinion on kahlers/floyds. [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] if you don't know about the serial number, there's no need to add stupid comments like this.

kevin
                  the trend is dead r.i.p. dime

Comment

Originally posted by shredder85:
                    there's no need to add stupid comments like this.

kevin
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">A stupid comment has never left YOUR fingers? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
                      </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by shredder85:
                      there's no need to add stupid comments like this.

kevin
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">A stupid comment has never left YOUR fingers? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Is it the pot calling kettle black or the other way around? [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
                      I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Yup!

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Ron, in minutes, how long did it take you to find that image? [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

yes, i will admit, i've made my fair share of stupid comments. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] but, really, is it necessary to say that "kahlers suck" when the question was about a serial number?

kevin
                            the trend is dead r.i.p. dime

Comment

Who needs a good bed time story when you have the JCF?
                              How do you think we fund this organization? We're not exactly the March of Dimes.

Comment

Working...
                              X