Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Play rr guitars while sitting down...how???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Play rr guitars while sitting down...how???

Shorten your stap up a bit and let the guitar hang like your standing. Sit at the edge of your chair with your right leg pointing behind you.

Comment

If you'll notice how Randy is sitting, his right leg is slightly behind him and the guitar is close to his chest. This is the best position for playing any V sitting down, though ideally you should be playing in a standing position because when you change from a sitting to a standing position your arms are in totally different positions, which means if you're a beginner and you train your muscles to play with the guitar at a higher angle (while sitting), you will experience difficulty when standing, such as frequent muscle cramps in the hands and arms.

Newc
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I where my strap when I platy sitting down and it works great

Comment

There is a technique to playing a Rhoads sitting, Randy is showing it properly, RacerX is just posing [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Personally, I don't find playing a Rhoads sitting to be comfortable... as has been said, shorten the strap and use a strap while sitting, and it sort of works. The guitar is basically designed to balance out great while standing.

I think the Rhoads is the most difficult Jackson shape to play sitting, with the exception of a Kelly perhaps (never tried to play one sitting).

The KV, Warrior, and for that matter, the Soloist, are all much more natural feeling when sitting.
          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc:

Like that.

Newc
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yup like that. Shortening the strap helps too.

Comment

I have my own method....I slouch in my chair but then straighten my back, so that between me and the two angles of the chair we are making a right triangle. I make sure to keep my torso and my upper legs in a straight line. Then I push up with my feet and tilt the chair back on its back two feet. I wear my strap and it's almost like I'm standing up and playing, only some of me is touching a chair. This to me is the best method, plus if I want to take a nap I just have to put the chair down and close my eyes.

Comment

Working...
              X