New Addition - KE2T

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Addition - KE2T

Thanks to a tip from Johhnyryche, I found this killer new KE2T a few weeks ago. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

It's an absolutely sweet guitar, guys. It's really too bad this model was discontinued. Before finding it, I was very close to doing a custom order for a string-through Kelly.

There's a lot of things about this guitar I'm digging. I'm definitely more of a stratish-shape diehard, but I've been very pleasantly surprised how much I'm enjoying the Kelly body style. The angled neck on Jackson's TOM string-throughs feels familiar to guys like me, who grew up on non-recessed Floyds. It's like meeting up with an old friend. [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] And I just love the flat-top bound body on this model. Jackson should do more models like that, like a KV or RR.

The color is black forest, a very dark green. Hard to photograph well. The body pic probably shows the color most accurately.

I'm might swap out the hardware to chrome or gold. I think that would better accent the green. ...What do you think?

Re: New Addition - KE2T

Nice job! I like the body binding. The chrome hardware would definitely accent the body! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Niiiiiiice!!

Comment

Beautiful guitar. You're a lucky SOB! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I would go with gold hardware, personally. I think gold looks nice on green.

- E.
        Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

I really like that ..Looks nice and understated in a cool way [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Wolf

Comment

smokin baby [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] i would def. go for the gold hardware on it. it would give it an elegant appeal
            a brass nut would do it some justice too [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
            "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

oh man, that's cool.

Comment

yeah, gold definitely compliments green very well. very nice! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

kevin
                the trend is dead r.i.p. dime

Comment

Now that's a Kelly

Comment

Beautiful! Just like I remember it! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Glad you're happy with it.

Comment

very doable.
                      thanks again for thinkin of me shreddermon for the BGF one.

Comment

That is a sweet guitar for sure. I would love to get one.
                        Scott
                        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry From Ghana:
                          very doable. thanks again for thinkin of me shreddermon for the BGF one.
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No prob. Just lookin' out for JCF bros, as Johnny had done for me. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

What's up with the Kelly balance? Haven't played this babe, yet, but heard it can be a real pain.

Comment

green and gold is a good combo, but finding replacement ferrules and eyelets may be difficult...not to mention pulling the old ones out of the body.

really cool guitar, i like it with no bevels.

sully
                              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                              Sully Guitars on Facebook
                              Sully Guitars on Google+
                              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                              X