custom soloist quilt top pic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• custom soloist quilt top pic

Here's my 90 ex eerie-dess in progress...

Still needs clear coat, painter brought it by for me to check out the color. I dig it! has a matching headstock, black back w/natural neck, and lighter colored binding on the edges.

Pete

Re: custom soloist quilt top pic

[img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] ...d.m.
    http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

I like that figured burly stuff. Nice!
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

that is most excellent.

Comment

I like it more than PC1's quilt. This one really kicks ass. [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

Oh my God, that is fucking awesome!

Comment

That's excellent looking Pete! Killer colour!
              Tom

Comment

That's excellent looking Pete! Killer colour!
                Tom

Comment

thanks guys. It's a crazy pattern, and to be honest it looked kinda crappy before any finish was applied. I was starting to think I paid someone a ton of $ to put driftwood on my soloist : )

The original plan was to go red, but the wood has some color variation in it. To keep it a trans color, parts of the guitar would have been either too dark or some pinkish to keep all the figure visible in the wood. My refin person brought it by to convince me to make it brown, which I will. It should be pretty cool when I get it back in a week or two *crossing fingers*

Pete

Comment

Wow, that brown looks great indeed!! [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Nice quilt, got to love it [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Looking good, Pete. Can't wait to see it in it's completed state!
                        Scott
                        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

That quilt is amazing! [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
                          Was that veneer? If so, where did you ever find a piece that nice?

Comment

Originally posted by RR_1525:
                            That quilt is amazing! [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
                            Was that veneer? If so, where did you ever find a piece that nice?
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">thanks! It was from a 3" thick slab I picked from a luthier's stash. I wanted a 1/4" thick top, it's really more like 3/32nd's. According to the guy who did the work, the real problems were bending the quilt around the bend in the soloist body, and shaving 3/32ds off the face off the soloist without damaging my guitar. He did a good job, it just took for-freaking ever.

Pete

Comment

Very nice indeed Pete, will be killer when finished.

That's the problem with thick maple tops, you can't really have them with the comfort bevel, which is why PC1 tops are as thick as they are, that and cost saving too I'm sure.

Comment

Working...
                              X