RR1T has arrived but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR1T has arrived but...

I threw my back snow shoveling the next day and can't play at all.

When it came in I was so upset because there was a huge bootprint on the top of the box. After cursing UPS to myself I proceeded to open it.
    Absloutely outstanding and flawless!

The neck was a little thicker than I expected, but well within my useable requirements and the BBQ set does an awesome job with the thick jucy sounds that I enivsioned. Fit and finish are great and I see nothing wrong with it from any angle.
    It took me about 5 hours to get comfortable with sitting down and playing it but now it's all good.

The only thing I am going to do for now is get some decent straplock, or a planet waves locking strap to make sure it will not fall and chip off that long top wing.

As soon as I get back on my feet I'll post pics.

Quick thanks to Kevin Easton for this supreme Jackson.
    Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Re: RR1T has arrived but...

Congrats on the RR1T. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] I have one too. The ONLY thing that doesn't thrill me about mine is the gun metal gray finish. I wish it were white or black or maybe a graphic. Hot rod flames are my favorite for the RR1T.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

A bootprint? Man some UPS employee seriously messed up to be walking on someone's box. I'd be pissed too, even if the guitar was just fine.

Comment

PICS!

Comment

You didn't by chance buy the black RR-1T did you?

Comment

Originally posted by sparky:
            You didn't by chance buy the black RR-1T did you?
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No sir.
            White with black bevels.
            As soon as I can pick up the case I'll take pics.
            Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

congrats man Rhoads are the best

Comment

Congrats on the new RR1T. Too bad about your back though. I tweaked my back playing with my daughter the other day and I can feel your pain especially trying to play a V sitting down. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

im going to be ordering a RR1T very soon. I was thinking about the SSM/BVBK (Silver Sparkle Metallic /w Black Bevels. anyone seen a guitar with those colors in person?

Comment

I think Drumcityguitarland had a KV2 in that silver/black bevels motif. IT was pretty fuckin sweet.

The most perfect guitar I've ever seen in person. I couldn't stop staring.

If you got a guitar like that..you would most definately rool tha skool. Furiously even.

Comment

then thats the color I shall get. Now I just need a little bit more money!!!

Comment

I guess this is a good time to announce that My brother and I put money down on a black w/white bevels RR1T from good ole Kevin. Should have it in May! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

I thank Erkekjetter Silenoz of Dimmu Borgir for influencing my brother's choice so much.

Comment

Krigloch,
                          I got a silver with black bevel RR-1T a couple weeks ago. I think it looks awesome. I love it so much I am on the hunt for more RR-1's. I just got a red with black bevel '89 RR-1 from E-Bay, but unfortunately it has a Floyd. Anyone selling non-trem RR-1's let me know. Thanks.

Comment

The RR1T is defenitly on my wish list.
                            Congrats [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] flatpicker, you`ve bought a couple of cool guitars recently!

Comment

DCGL has one in that paint scheme available now, but with a trem.

Comment

Working...
                              X