RR1T has arrived but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RR1T has arrived but...

V's are just magnets for disasters.. So just use extreme caution. My two experiences with V's are...

All I have to say is just be very careful who you let play your V / RR guitars because I had a perfect condition RR1T and I let a dude who I played in a band with play my guitar for 1 song and he bumped the wing into the wall chipping a little bit of paint off on the bottom of the tip (so you can't see it when playing but if you turn the guitar upside-down you can clearly see it). To make matters worse he also took it off and basically dropped it about 2 feet from the ground and it landed (same wing) on a pedal chipping a bit more paint off. I was very very upset especially considering that when I mentioned it to him he just shrugged it off as though it were nothing.

The only time I've ever damaged one of my guitars was my Y2KV when I was drunk and decided to play guitar. I got it out fine and jammed for like an hour while boozing it up (I remember playing some AC/DC and then doing a drunken blues jam with myself, lol) and I put it back in its case and the case shut down on the lower wing putting a dent into the wood (it was on an edge though).. I was pretty pissed because that guitar was perfect for like two years before that happened.

So I learned two lessons... Don't play guitar drunk and don't let anyone play your expensive / undamaged gear.

Comment

Originally posted by kruneh:
      The RR1T is defenitly on my wish list.
      Congrats [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] flatpicker, you`ve bought a couple of cool guitars recently!
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thanks.
      Believe it or not, but what I bought recently has been because I was saving up for a 60 RI LP. But, after reading that I would have to swap the pups, caps, pots and the whole harness, I gave up and spent the saved money on 3 Jacksons and a Hamer.

I still had some money left for a good steak dinner too. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
      Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Originally posted by Flatpicker:
        </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by kruneh:
        The RR1T is defenitly on my wish list.
        Congrats [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] flatpicker, you`ve bought a couple of cool guitars recently!
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thanks.
        Believe it or not, but what I bought recently has been because I was saving up for a 60 RI LP. But, after reading that I would have to swap the pups, caps, pots and the whole harness, I gave up and spent the saved money on 3 Jacksons and a Hamer.

I still had some money left for a good steak
        dinner too. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
        </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ooooh, what Hamer? By the way, congrats on the RR1T. I've got that one on my wishlist as well. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I'm not telling till it's done. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
          I worked out the specs for about 6 months but sat on it until I was sure.
          Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

I didn't realize you were talking custom Hamer. If you feel the need to share, you can always pm me. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Now the important question.... Did you use A1 sauce on the steak? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
              I think you made a wise decision getting 3 Jacksons instead. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by wulfe13:
                Now the important question.... Did you use A1 sauce on the steak? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                I think you made a wise decision getting 3 Jacksons instead. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Blasphemy!!! Everyone knows HP Sauce is the best on steak!!!!
                Scott
                Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Portuguese marinated steak on a bed of french fries with a fried egg on top. [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Better than A1.

Comment

i wish RR5's had the option of floyd roses

Comment

Congrats on the RR1T bro. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

I really wanna get one of these to go with my RR1. I want a string through so bad I can almost taste it.

Comment

pics dammit!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X