XTRR back from GMW...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XTRR back from GMW...

I sent this off about 4 or 5 months ago and got it back yesterday. Lee and Dan are amazing! My camera sucks so these pics won't be the best, but we have a better one here at work that I may try to borrow later. It was black with an unpainted neck. The EMG's have been painted and finished.
    I hope these pics aren't too large.

Re: XTRR back from GMW...

That's a fucking evil guitar, but why not paint the plate too? [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] Wow, they did an awesome job on that. Congrats, bro. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] I like it much better with the back of the neck painted.
      Scott
      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Awesome! I like how they have it dripping down the edge of the headstock. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Oh gross! That is the most disgusting guitar that I have ever seen. You should send it to me. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I like it. [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] Is the body on the RR smaller than normal or am I just seeing things? It looks really cool.

JE

Comment

Originally posted by DTP:
                I like it. [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] Is the body on the RR smaller than normal or am I just seeing things? It looks really cool.

JE
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes, the body is smaller. I think the XTRR body is 7/8 the size of the standard RR body.
                Scott
                Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

That is sweet, congratulations! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Sweeeeet!

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87:
                      </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by DTP:

JE
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes, the body is smaller. I think the XTRR body is 7/8 the size of the standard RR body. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yep, the Xtreme Rhoads is 7/8 the size. Originally it was called the Dinky Rhoads back in the '80s when Dan Spitz of Anthrax had them made. He's a very short guy and wanted the body downsized... all of his had a standard headstock, though.
                      I passed up a blue ghost flames XTRR that didn't sell on ebay a couple years ago. I'm kicking myself for it now! [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
                      That blood drip is killer!!!!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

That is killer! Awesome looking guitar. It looks like it was well worth the wait for GMW to work their "magic". Enjoy!

Comment

WOW....I'm speechless. I've got a snakeskin XTRR and love it. Mind revealing what that cost to get done? I'm thinking about getting a SL done soon by Dan. I'd love to find more XTRR's for sale too!

- Joel
                          RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
                          RIP Dime

Comment

Painted headstock !
                            I want a XTRR too.

Congrats! GWM is great!
                            [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I can't begin to tell you how KILLER that is! Now straighten out the blocks on your locknut.....

Comment

Working...
                              X