UPS fucked up JCF-01-13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UPS fucked up JCF-01-13

Well, I opened the case and found this. It is a crappy pic, but you get the idea.

<center></center>

Now the waiting for a claim begins.

[ April 02, 2004, 02:24 PM: Message edited by: TEKKY ]
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Re: UPS fucked up JCF-01-13

Oh man Scott, I am so sorry this happened to you....... [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Dave->
    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

The guitar was able to move in the case slightly, wasn't it?
      Man, that blows.

Comment

Very sorry to hear that. Especially on a special axe like that.

Comment

Thanks Dave, I appreciate it.

Chuck, the G&G case fits the guitar well with minimal movement. Chalk this one up to the apes that mishandled it.
          Scott
          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

man, that sux

Comment

That sucks bro!!!!

I have started stuffing bubble wrap at the head stock and around the headstocks on all guitars i ship out..
              This happened to me once but hasnt since Ive been doing that. even a cm of play can cause this..

Hope the claim goes well!!

Comment

Thanks shreddermon

Well Dave Ingram is handling the claim at his end. I called UPS here and have to wait for an inspector to come out to look at this on my end. They wanted me to pack it up and leave it on my front porch so a guy could come pick it up. I was like, "I don't think so".

[ April 02, 2004, 02:52 PM: Message edited by: StukaJU87 ]
                Scott

Comment

unlucky #13!

oh man that sucks on such a collectable guitar. But at least that crack won't affect play and you'll be able to glue it back and not have it be too noticeable. Hopefully UPS will pay out enough to make you a bit happier.

Comment

dude that sux but look at it this way, it could have been the entire headstock.....my ST-3 just had the headstock cracked clean off of it by my 2 year old son.

Comment

I feel your pain,I too had a headstock cracked but it was by the USPS.They refused my claim and the appeal,and basically I glued it carefully and you can barely tell,still pissed me off though.I hope they do the right thing by you.

Comment

if that is #13 that used to be mine [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] Damn shame
                        shawnlutz.com

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz:
                          if that is #13 that used to be mine [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] Damn shame
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah Shawn, it's #13, has your name on the custom shop certificate. I'll know more in a week or so after the inspector comes out to see it. Like I said, Dave is handling the claim on his end and he is ready to do whatever it takes to get this taken care of. Dave is a great guy and he is just as upset over this as I am.
                          Scott

Comment

Stucka
                            Email me and I'll send ya advice on what to do.Ups are sneaky lying fucks when it comes to claims.
                            J
                            Custom Shop-There is no substitute!

Comment

That fucking sucks big time. [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] It looks repairable. Maybe GMW or Jackson can fix it like new again. I hope it all works out for you. That paint is lacquer if you don't know already. Maybe some of the admins can give you exact info so they can match it up perfect. Good Luck with it. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X