"Third Time's a Charm"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Third Time's a Charm"

OK....So this is the 2nd time I've changed my mind on my custom shop order. I guess since this is something I don't do every day, I wanna get it right. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Here's the deal. First I decided on a 1 HUM soloist with blah...blah..blahhh... 1st post. Then I changed to an archtop... 2nd post

So now I have changed to the final order. Less radical, but still really cool. I did away with the archtop....Actually, when Scott told me he was doing a run of 10 SL2T's in Chlorine with EMG's, I did away with the order all together. I compared the cost of the Custom Shop 1 HUM to the SL2T....It was a no brainer. Basically it's the same as what OLSG did a couple years back, but in a string thru. What can I say...I'm a sucker for Chlorine! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] I'm just glad Scott got out of the "Custom Program" thing. I never finalized the order on the first set of specs, and I guess the archtop run of 10 didn't work out. So I was just gonna order a one-off in those specs....Then this came up. Now I'm glad I waited....
    >>--HuntinDoug-->

Re: "Third Time\'s a Charm"

Dont forget that it coming with an
    Oiled neck as well!!!

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I think that is a great specs! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
      I guess Arch top with 1 hum goes more expensive.

Comment

Do you have a picture of the Chlorine finish?

Comment

Originally posted by HuntinDoug:
          OK....So this is the 2nd time I've changed my mind on my custom shop order. I guess since this is something I don't do every day, I wanna get it right.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">OR, maybe you don't know what you want? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

BTW, didn't GuitarXpress do a run of 20 string through chlorine SL2HTs with gold hardware even before OSG?? They had a quilt top if I remember correctly. Anybody got a pic of those?

Comment

Re: &quot;Third Time\'s a Charm&quot;

Originally posted by vwall guitars:
            Dont forget that it coming with an
            Oiled neck as well!!!

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Nice, very nice [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Guitarxpress did 20 greens but only 10 chlorine and 10 rootbeer. Never finished the rest. I had 2 of them but sold both cause the dk1 felt a lot better to me.

Comment

Hey Vwall guitars (sorry I don't know your name) if you ever do a run on dk1's let me know. They would be even cheaper cause of the bolt on necks right? If that was the case maybe you could make them maple fretboards. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                Just throwing ideas out. Joe

Comment

Thanks PIKA!
                  Indede I will think about a run of DK1's.
                  Any suggestions of finish and specs drop me an email
                  [email protected]

Thanks
                  Scott

Comment

Working...
                  X