I'm hooked on PC-1s! Chlorine on the way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm hooked on PC-1s! Chlorine on the way

A few weeks ago, I did a multi-guitar trade with Johnnymac and received a USA KE-2 in black metallic and a PC-1 solar, both in beautiful shape. I've used the PC-1 at 3 or 4 band rehearsals and I just love it. Feels great to play, nice neck, sustainer is incredibly cool.

Yesterday, I pulled the proverbial trigger on a new chlorine PC-1. That's what i wanted to begin with but I will say that the solar is a gorgeous finish too. The chlorine was considerably less than I expected to have to pay for a new one. I figured that the best price I'd find is around 40% under list but I ended up at almost 50% under list. Not bad. I'll post pics when she arrives either Saturday or Monday.
    Tom

Re: I\'m hooked on PC-1s! Chlorine on the way

I think I saw the one you're referring too. I was hoping someone from the JCF snagged it. Great find at an awesome price!

Comment

I finally got my first PC-1, and you're absolutely right: to die for! Killer tops. Mine didn't have the Sustainer though. EMG's always worked for me anyway:

Euphoria (trans violet)
      "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
      Gotta get away from here.
      Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
      Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

PC1s are great. Congrats.

Comment

Congrats Tom!
          I want one in Chroline.
          Not sure I will need that Sustainer but the guitar seems great.
          [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Anyone up for a Red Rum!!!

I got here before Brian, hahaha

Comment

Solar [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

someone has to post a Mocha to make the collection complete [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I always love the look of PC1, but I think the Soloist headstock will look better on PC than this strat-like headstock. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by busdriver:
                  Solar [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

someone has to post a Mocha to make the collection complete [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hey!!! Don't forget Au Natural !! (Discontinued finish) Here's mine:

-Kenn

Comment

Since when has the natural one been discontinued?

Comment

Yeah, Euphoria was the only discontinued color, with Red Rum replacing it.
                      Okay, here is the Solar PC1 that Econ is working on buying at the moment. I hope he doesn't mind me posting it, but I just had to. It is killer!

I still don't have any pics of my Red Rum to share. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
                      But, I still have these from the ebay auction! I love it! It is the BEST guitar I have ever played.

Brian

Comment

Oops...It was Euphoria that was discontinued...or so I thought. According to the Jackson web site BOTH finishes are still available. I could have sworn that one of them was gone...Oh well, guess I'm showing my age!
                        [img]images/icons/blush.gif[/img]

-Kenn

Comment

Kenn, I must be showing my age too! I just checked and their website does say that Euphoria (835) is still available. If they're still available, I want to buy one for my daughter and put it away until she is ready for a nice electric guitar (she's only 14 months old [img]graemlins/baby.gif[/img] ).
                          But, I just know she's going to take after her dad and be a guitar player. She already can take a pick and strum my acoustic while I chord on the fretboard. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I must say that those are beautiful guitars and very much up my alley, but I hate that headstock. It kills it for me.

Comment

The Sustainer seems to be like the original Jackson pickpus. You love 'em or you hate 'em. I can't see how the Sustainer would be useful to me, but to each his own. How many Def Leppard songs are there with that effect thingee?! And don't even get me started on Dimarzio pickups, sheesh! [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                              "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                              Gotta get away from here.
                              Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                              Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Working...
                              X