Custom Shop Jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Shop Jackson

Well, the time is coming where I will be able to order the guitar of my dreams. I have taken everyone's advice and started working with Kevin at Easton Guitars for a custom shop order. I will actually be moving to his area in about 3 weeks.

Ever since I can remember I have always wanted a custom shop Jackson but it was never within the budget. It's now in the budget and can be done.

This is a picture of the guitar I have mocked up and will be ordering soon.

It's a Archtop Dinky with 24 frets and flame maple finger board. It will have a flame maple top that will be transparent where the yellow is and fades to a solid burnt red. 2 EMG 89's with an EXG and PA2 control and OFR.

It's my tribute to Lynch who inspired me to play as well as adding my own personnel touches.

I have learned a lot since coming to this board and your comments and suggestions have provided me with more knowledge to make a better decision. Of course when it arrives there will be real pictures. The mockup is my best attempts at putting something together in Photoshop.
    http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Re: Custom Shop Jackson

That is sweeeeeettt! If I could make a suggestion......reverse headstock? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

killer [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
      "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

Dude! You stole my idea! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I've been thinking about a flame maple top done up to look like a bengal for a while. Only differences were that I was going to do a single hum with trans black rather than solid stripes....oh and a natural headstock rather than painted. Great minds think alike.

Look forward to seeing pics if you have this one built.
        This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

[img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] 1 Hum and I`ll take it!! Jack.

Comment

Sweet! But if she was mine, I'd go with a stacked single in the neck - but she's gonna be a beaut! Enjoy!

Comment

Hey, that is nice!!! I like it a lot. I would go for the Jackson headstock, probably reversed, but that's just me, either way it's gonna rock!!!

Good photoshop too btw!!

Comment

That looks Killer.
                Matching head looks nice.

Comment

Congrats on the CS order!!!
                  I know it will be an awesome guitar!!

Kev is a great guy to deal with as well!!

I too like the Lynch style paint job...
                  Have a pre production M-1 Tiger, matching-strat head maple board.
                  I changed out the stock Duncan for an EMG 81 about 15 years ago...
                  I love it!!!!!

Post some pics when she's done!!!!

Scott

[ April 14, 2004, 02:06 AM: Message edited by: vwall guitars ]

Comment

Looks Killer [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

If its a Lynch tribute i'd leave it as it is, spot-on Jack.

Steve

Comment

Looks killer! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

OMG, that is a fooking awesome axe man! I hope you post pics when you get it! SWEET

Chuck
                        "Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves!"

Comment

Nice axe Jack totally good call stick with it and don't forget to post some pics of it when its done. Kammo1 [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Very Nice Jack!!! A big Lynch fan myself. I would just leave it the way it is unless of course you wanna go really Lynch-like and have a single coil at the neck instead.... EMG's though!!! Killer sound that will be....

To sound like a broken record....Don't forget pics Dude!!

You're in Fish [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Gotta love the matching headstock!

Comment

Working...
                              X