Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: IT HAS ARRIVED!!!!

Originally posted by Zamiale:
    I step away from the computer for a few hours and this thread has exploded! Thanks for the kind words. Ron, I figured that’s about as close to a compliment I would get from you. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

As for the inlay situation; the only thing that I can say is that it has been worked out. I don't want to give all the details about it because one never knows who is reads these post.

I can tell you that, no, I did not get a discount or partial refund from Jackson on my guitar and I did not get the Charvel. I was put in touch with the dealer who did get the Charvel and he did offer to sell it to me, but.... lets just say it was a weee bit out of my price range.
    However, I have been assured that my guitar is the only Jackson/Charvel guitar with the exact same inlays.

As for my Kelly; I think what makes it so appealing is that it's so simple. There are really only two colors on it, black and "wood." No bright colors, no graphics, just a simple guitar and it stands out. However, I must give credit where credit is due. Initially, I was inspired by Hetfield's Ken Lawrence explorer. I wanted to personalize it though, hence the inlays and reverse harpoon headstock. As earlier stated, the "burned on" Jackson logo came from one of Mustaine's Vs. I did have it clear coated for a little extra shine.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Nice to hear than there was a compromise on the inlay.
    <sub>Nice looking guitar, too</sub>

Comment

Very cool axe dude. Absolutely killer with black binding around the natural mahogony.
      We must!
      We must!
      We must increase the bust!
      The bigger the better!
      The tighter the sweater!
      The boys are counting on us!

Comment

That is one awesome Kelly! That black on the natural mahogany looks great. It reminds me of a more aggressive looking Ken Lawrence explorer. Was that the look you were going for?

Comment

I need a trip to the spray-on tanning booth, I am totally green with envy right now!

That is one sweet-ass Kelly.

nan

Comment

i never thought i would like that headstock on a kelly, but it turned out awesome. congrats! how long did it take to build?

Comment

I really like the hs on that body. very different and one of a kind for sure. good luck with it!

Comment

never thought i would like that headstock on a kelly, but it turned out awesome. congrats! how long did it take to build?
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">11 months and some change. It was worth it.

Comment

Very nice guitar; congratulations!
                  [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

This is a great looking guitar, congrats !! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Originally posted by DamnationAngel:
                    by the way...why do paintjobs on new jacksons smell so damn good? like cotton candy! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                    ...nothin like that "new jackson smell" [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'm SURE they add a secret chemical compound to the lacquer which makes you addicted to Jackson Guitars [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I have been a member since the "Old Board" and I have never done the "Nice Axe" post until now. Your guitar is what the custom shop is all about; something that's really unique and your creation - It's amazing and IMO the 2nd nicest Jackson I have every seen. The first being Pat's Dragon V but this one is a real close second - congratulations, I bet is sounds amazing.

Comment

Always been more of a pointy headstock man but that guitar could change my mind in a hurry, a real beauty, congrats.......

Steve

Comment

Very, very nice guitar! Enjoy it!

Comment

I'm bumping this back up because I don't want to lose it in the list.

Damn, That is awesome. I've already saved the pics on my PC but can't get my eyes off it.

Awesome job Jackson.
                            Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

The headstock absolutly makes the guitar. Did you come up with the reverse harpoon? I now have to have a guitar with this headstock.

Comment

I can see why you sold the trans black! Sweet guitar!
                                The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
                                X