24-fret bolt-on necks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 24-fret bolt-on necks

Hi, all. I'm new to the community around here so by way of introduction, I thought I'd ask a question of the experts around here. I was wondering about the bolt-on neck Jacksons from the late '80's, specifically how rare the 24-fret necks are. I've seen a few 24-fret neck bolt-ons but most of the Jacksons I've seen pictures of have 22-fret necks. In looking over the 1989 catalog, the copy says that the 24-fret neck "has become very popular over the last few years". So how popular or rare is the 24-fret neck for a USA bolt-on? Thanks in advance for your help. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Re: 24-fret bolt-on necks

I don't see alot of them. There was one up on ebay recently in a red with lightning graphic. I had one last year that was a maple board. It was pretty cool.

Comment

Wow - that's wild about the red lightning graphic one. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I bought it last night and am waiting to make arrangements to pick it up as the seller lives about 20 miles from me. That guitar is what prompted me to ask the question about the 24-fret neck in the first place.

Comment

Hey John... be sure to post a couple of pics when you get it in your hands.... I'd like to see that graphic. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Didn't that guy want like $899 buy it now or something? Cool guitar but $899 is a little out of my price range right now. Nice score though bro!
          [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Hi, Brad. I plan to take some photos of my 2 Jacksons and send them in for the gallery. (My other Jackson is a bolt-on with a tan snakeskin finish and a strat headstock.) If you really want to get an idea of the lightning graphic, find the 1989 Jackson catalog. There's a picture in there of a bolt-on guitar with a blue-and-lightning graphic that is just like the one I'm getting, except mine will be red. It's a sharp looking graphic and I drooled over it for a long time before I could pull the pin on the deal.

Comment

Hi, Matt. Actually, he re-listed the guitar this week with a much lower buy-it-now. I got the guitar for well under $700. But you are right, at one point the buy-it now was about $800 or $850, which was too pricey for me, too.

Comment

Cool, it's definitely a sweet guitar for that kinda price! I've actually been watching that guitar every time it was listed. I must have missed it this time around. Welcome to the JCF!

Comment

The red lightning graphic had some variants, I believe yours has yellow strikes on it. Here's the white version on red:

24 fret bolt on necks are less common than the 22. But your guitar is even cooler since the body shape is a true strat, not a Dinky. There were very few strat shapes with 24 frets. The LTD '88 is the only one I've ever seen besides yours...
                  "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                  Gotta get away from here.
                  Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                  Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

That's pretty cool..... [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah, the guitar that I'm eagerly anticipating does have the yellow lightning flashes. The pickups are black-covered Jacksons, unlike the picture you posted, Charvel 750. I think that guitar looks really sharp with the red humbucker.

Thanks for the info on the neck and the body style. I hadn't realized that the body shape in combination with the 24 frets was so unusual. Can't wait to play it now... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by John D.:
                        If you really want to get an idea of the lightning graphic, find the 1989 Jackson catalog. There's a picture in there of a bolt-on guitar with a blue-and-lightning graphic that is just like the one I'm getting, except mine will be red.
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">OK! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

http://www.jacksonmuseum.com/archive...ders/sf89.html
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Hey, there is the dragon that chuckracer had a long time ago. Another guitar I wish I would have bought when he sold it. What ever happend to that one?

Comment

Don't know what happened to the Dragon, but whoever "lost" the original painted pickup should be beaten with a petrified baseball bat [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

And whoever thought this was a cool pic of Danny Spitz:

Should be beaten with Danny Spitz [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
                            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
                              </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by John D.:
                              If you really want to get an idea of the lightning graphic, find the 1989 Jackson catalog. There's a picture in there of a bolt-on guitar with a blue-and-lightning graphic that is just like the one I'm getting, except mine will be red.
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">OK! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

http://www.jacksonmuseum.com/archive...ders/sf89.html
                              </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Does anyone have a hard copy of that catalog? It's got a pic of a Seattle Soloist in it!
                              I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Working...
                              X