Fuck I'm excited now... custom Jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuck I'm excited now... custom Jackson

Forgive me for copying and pasting a thread I posted at the Megadeth boards, but I can't think of anything else to say about it that I didn't say there, and it really belongs here anyway :

--------------------------------------

I just emailed Jason at Drum City - Guitarland regarding how to go about ordering my custom seven string KV. I should have the money for the down payment in about a month to officially get this year long train a-rollin'! Damn, I've been waiting for this for a looooonnnng time, it's gonna be killer to finally place the order and decide on my final options.

Right now I'm thinkin' green swirl finish, standard pointy headstock (not the 3x4 that I was thinking about earlier), and XIII logo at the 13th fret with sharkfin's in the normal places, but lengthened to stay in perportion to the wider neck, among other options.

Andy Oliphant
    The Thirteenth Hour

Re: Fuck I\'m excited now... custom Jackson

sounds cool Andy. So will you still have a 12th fret sharky in addition to the "XIII", or will you forego the 12th fret inlay altogether?
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Yeah, I think it'll be non-bulky enough to fit there without making it look ugly. Those numerals are stick like enough that I don't think it'll really draw the eye too much, it'll just be a cool little bonus.

Andy Oliphant
      The Thirteenth Hour

Comment

Sounds very cool [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
        What pups are you gonna put in it? 1 hum or 2.
        What does the green swirl look like? is it green and black because that would look sweeeet [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
        Have you though anthing about specifics such as the colour of the jackson logo coz I was thinking it could look cool with a black headstock and then the logo done in the swirl [img]graemlins/idea2.gif[/img]
        Anyway, keep us updated.
        Best of Luck [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

I've been making a mock up of the thing based on Vince's guitar for a while now. The latest has the headstock that I decided against, but it's a good depiction of the finish...

It'll have two Seymour Duncan JB-7's in it, I love the tone I'm getting from my RR1 so I'm going to try to leave that intact. Sperzel tuners, just for ease of re-stringing. I don't know what I want to do with the logo, if they can do swirl finish that could be cool, otherwise I might just have 'em do it dark green painted rather than the normal abalony. Original floyd 7 string bridge, none of that weird imitation stuff. Normal body, neck, and finger board woods and construction. Matching swirl finish on the back of the neck.

Let me know if there are any other options you're curious about, because most likely I hadn't thought of them (like the logo) and this is a great way to sort out what I want or what I need to figure out.

Andy Oliphant
          The Thirteenth Hour

Comment

Ok, here's a mock up of the inlay that I just made, although I only had a good picture of a 6 string neck to work with. Hopefully they are able to use green abalony, I think it was a little too conspicuous in white.

Andy Oliphant
            The Thirteenth Hour

Comment

I'm loving that finish! [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
              P.S - At the risk of sounding stupid...who's Andy?

Comment

Andy = metallibanger
                guitarist for Thirteenth Hour

duhhhhhhhh [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

ooooooh, so that's why he signs off each post with
                  "Andy Oliphant
                  The Thirteenth Hour"

[img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                  Hail yesterday

Comment

Ha Ha. I just realised it's right there in his sig. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Me stoopido.
                    Hey thats cool tying in the band name without plastering it all over the body or a huge inlay. Now if (god forbit) you guys breakup, the 13 inlay will still be cool and relavant [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Hang on! I'm fucking confused! O.K so he's going to order a custom jackson...then whats the guitar in the picture he posted? That looks like what he wants but he's calling it a mock up. It looks real...Im so confused right now.
                      HELP ME!!! [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionar...ary&va=mock-up

Damn, dude, you need to go to bed and wake up wiser or something...you're kinda dumb tonight! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

A mock-up is a representation of what a project will look like in the future. Andy must be really good at Photoshop....
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Haha. Tell me about it. I hardly slept last night. It's only 7.00 pm here in Melbourne so I can't sleep.
                          Andy must be like the photoshop king! That looks so real it fooled me. [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
                          [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

The guitar on the right is Vince's, from Prototype (check 'em out, great band!) Prototype online

The guitar on the left is Andy's mock-up
                            Hail yesterday

Comment

Damn, that's gonna be awesome. I personally would go with the 3x4 headstock ( [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] the H/S on my Conklin looks like the 3x4 SLS, but reversed), but if the pointy turns you on, by all means, get that sucker.

Seriously, though, that's one of the best Photoshop guitar mockups I've ever seen. [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X