Fuck I'm excited now... custom Jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fuck I\'m excited now... custom Jackson

Hmmmm...I dig the XIII inlay, but not with the sharkfins. Have you thought about getting the KV2T-style "shark eye" inlays instead of fins? I think that would look better, maybe with the white abalone of the "eye" switched to green abalone with the white MOP around it? Having the XIII and standard fins makes it look unbalanced in some way, to me anyway. Also, I think the SLS headstock would be the way to go.
    sigpic

Comment

God, that "green swirl" finish is fuckin awesome!

very different from the "blue marbelizer" finish:

wonder what "green marbelizer" would look like.
      any photoshop buffs in da house that can change the color on this blue star to green? or red?

Comment

Damn... He mus t be good with photoshop!?! I would just do a standard pointy headstock. Not a reverse or the 3x4. JMO!

Comment

Yeah, that's photoshoped stuff. I stole a couple pictures off of www.prototypeonline.com of Vince's exsiting KV7 and started modding it with the options I want. It's really not all that tough, mostly just cut and paste work and color adjustments, kinda like this...

Andy Oliphant
          The Thirteenth Hour

Comment

[img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Fucking awesome man!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by metallibanger:
              I've been making a mock up of the thing based on Vince's guitar for a while now. The latest has the headstock that I decided against, but it's a good depiction of the finish...

It'll have two Seymour Duncan JB-7's in it, I love the tone I'm getting from my RR1 so I'm going to try to leave that intact. Sperzel tuners, just for ease of re-stringing. I don't know what I want to do with the logo, if they can do swirl finish that could be cool, otherwise I might just have 'em do it dark green painted rather than the normal abalony. Original floyd 7 string bridge, none of that weird imitation stuff. Normal body, neck, and finger board woods and construction. Matching swirl finish on the back of the neck.

Let me know if there are any other options you're curious about, because most likely I hadn't thought of them (like the logo) and this is a great way to sort out what I want or what I need to figure out.

Andy Oliphant
              The Thirteenth Hour
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Very nice!!

Comment

Wow ..that looks very cool [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] ..I admire your photoshop skills ,bet that would look awesome in the flesh .

Wolf

Comment

Ok, I've set up a page with all the mockups I've made and all the options I've selected, hopefully this will make a quick reference guide when I order the guitar (still waiting on the final price quote, haven't heard back on that yet).

Here's that page:
                  http://www.665.org/thethirteenthhour/stuff/KV7.html

Andy Oliphant
                  The Thirteenth Hour

Comment

Working...
                  X