Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SL2H vs KH-2

Hello,
    My name is Andrea, I'm Italian and I' m looking for a Jackson SL2H.
    So i would to ask you to compare it with an ESP kh-2. I own an ESP kh-2 and i need another guitar good for metal to tune in DGCFAD. What do you think?
    Thanks

Re: SL2H vs KH-2

It'll work.

Comment

i had a KH2 THAT I RECENTLY GOT RID OF. I ALSO JUST BOUGHT A SL2H AND I PUT SOME EMGS IN IT. I LIKE THE JACKSON A LITTLE BETTER THAN THE KH. I LIKE THE NECK THRU BETTER AND I THINK JACKSONS QUALITY IS AWESOME. THE SL NECK FEELS A LITTLE BIT BIGGER THAN THE KH.

Comment

I had a KH2 and thought it was a really nice guitar but just didn't feel as good as my SL2H. The KH2's neck felt a bit thinner than the SL2H but it wasn't a super huge difference. Overall the Jackson had a more solid feel to it IMO. I did really like the EMG'S in the KH2 but would like to have had a different neck pickup as I wasn't really impressed with the 81. The craftsmanship was top notch on the KH2 as well especially the inlays. You really won't go wrong if you decide on a SL2H and just might find your ESP not being played as much. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by zakkwylde74:
          i had a KH2 THAT I RECENTLY GOT RID OF. I ALSO JUST BOUGHT A SL2H AND I PUT SOME EMGS IN IT. I LIKE THE JACKSON A LITTLE BETTER THAN THE KH. I LIKE THE NECK THRU BETTER AND I THINK JACKSONS QUALITY IS AWESOME. THE SL NECK FEELS A LITTLE BIT BIGGER THAN THE KH.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I don't know if this is the case in this situation, but older KH-2s were neckthru.

Comment

Have you considered the SL2HT ? Same guitar but with a string thru body bridge. You get much better tuning stability and tone with a string thru, especially if youre tuning down.
            Bugger the Floyd Rose, just belt those strings hard!!

Comment

I have my sl2h mah tuned to b and it just Belches out the lows, but still retains awesome clarity. Unplugged the guitar sounds huge! I've never played a KH-2, so i can't compare necks, but the jackson neck is perfect for me, enough to grab onto but still go fast, and stay comfortable. You won't be dissapointed, i wasn't. And you can never beat the quality of the USA Jackson.

Comment

Since you already have an ESP, why not try Jackson Soloist? I have one and I worship it. Great axe for metal and what not.

Comment

I'm from Venezuela, and the last time i went to the USA i spent some time compring and trying guitars out, well, there's not comparison at all between an ESP KH-2 and a Jackson Soloist SL-2, to put it lighty, and to not offend anybody, i thought the KH-2 was a low end budget LTD that was untill i saw the hefty price tag of 1700$, crappy plastic inlays, bolt on neck...the Jackson Soloist felt like playing a celestial axe, to my ears the duncan sounded brutal, and there was not a single flaw on it, that guitar sounds and feels PERFECT

Comment

I recently got my SL2HT. It is simply awesome! THey say that ESP's are overpriced, and that, I guess, is true. You want a top quality guitar. The only way it can be so is in either in an American, W.European or custom Jap. guitar.
                    And don't care about the Floyd, unless your surname is Vai. IMO.
                    Well, I guess, those guys who tune down don't really use a Floyd anyways [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I'm from the Uk and a SL2H and KH-2 are the same price. I've never had the chance to try a decent Jackson, but what I can compare it to is a neck thru ESP KH-2 as I own one. Everything is great about it IMO except the neck pickup, either a sustainer or EMG 60 would be better but as Kirk uses dual 81s, thats obviously why its there. If you can get a hold of the neck thru Kh-2 to try, make sure you do and compare it to a soloist. That way you'll know which you would rather have. And as a passing note, to whoever said about old Kh-2's being neckthru, they never were. All Kh-2 models available to the states are bolt on except the kh-2 relic/vintage (the bashed up one) which is neck thru. James

Comment

Originally posted by TAMENGHKO:
                        Hello,
                        My name is Andrea, I'm Italian and I' m looking for a Jackson SL2H.
                        So i would to ask you to compare it with an ESP kh-2. I own an ESP kh-2 and i need another guitar good for metal to tune in DGCFAD. What do you think?
                        Thanks
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">
                        "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

Andrea,

Comment

Andrea,
                            I currently own 8 Soloists and 1 DK1 and I have to tell you even the BEST made KH-2 cannot compare and I've played quite a few KH-2's. Just my opinion. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Thank you guys. I will order an SL2H soon. Italian price is about 2350 euro, so i will wait a few to get mor money to spend for a new guitar...! [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X