Jackson Les Paul Copies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Les Paul Copies?

Does anyone know if there were any custom shop Les paul copies ever released?I know they made 1 for Marty Friedman because there was a pic of him playing 1 in one of the past Jackson catalogs.If someone has one I would love to see detailed pix.Are they neck thru?String thru body????stop tail?????? Etc.....

Re: Jackson Les Paul Copies?

There is a picture of one being finished around 1983. It is over at the Jackson Museum in the factory pics.

Comment

And there were LP variations like the one Toejam has. Also, the Scott Ian guitars resemble the double cutaway LP.
      "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
      Gotta get away from here.
      Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
      Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

I think they should make 1 that is a Neck thru model with 24 frets.....you know Jackson style.....or should I say more player friendly than the Gibson.That would be one tough guitar I think!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jacksonpc1:
          I think they should make 1 that is a Neck thru model with 24 frets.....you know Jackson style.....or should I say more player friendly than the Gibson.That would be one tough guitar I think!!!
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It would be sweet...but no more Gibson body shapes will be coming out of the Jackson shop anymore.
          Scott
          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Like Charvel750 said, I've got a JJP. I believe they were only made in '97. It's like a Dinky Les Paul with a bolt-on neck, one volume control and DiMarzio Super Distortion.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

toejam - That JJP is pretty cool. I've never seen one before. The lower horn seems to resemble the horns on Page's black and white Danelectro.

Comment

Yeah, it does slightly resemble one of those Danos. It's all mahogany, even the carved top, and it sounds amazing! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] A few people here have them: Matt@mattsmusic, JerryFromGhana, and Brian McDonald@Fender/Jackson (his has a left-handed neck with dice inlay only on 12th fret, and it was a prototype for Marty Friedman). There may be others I can't think of offhand.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                X