Looking for info on markings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for info on markings

I was wondering what anybody could tell me about the following markings on my 1989 Jackson Strat.

On the heel of the neck, the "Neck color" is "OBD".

In the neck pocket, the work order number appears and there is either "V3M" or "VBM" written in also.

In the trem cavity, the "Neck color" is either "F" or "F_" and the "Logo col" is "ONT" or "ONF".

If it matters, the guitar does have a graphic.

You guys are the Jedi masters on this stuff, so please educate a humble novice. [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] Thanks.
    Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Re: Looking for info on markings

Need more info:

-is the fretboard bound, and the neck back natural cleared/oiled maple or painted to match the body back (thinking OBD means Oiled/BounD)?

-Is there binding over the tips of the fret wires? (thinking OBD means OverBounD)

-What color is the logo - white or Mother Of Pearl?

-what graphic on the body?

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc:
      Need more info:

-is the fretboard bound, and the neck back natural cleared/oiled maple or painted to match the body back (thinking OBD means Oiled/BounD)?

-Is there binding over the tips of the fret wires? (thinking OBD means OverBounD)

-What color is the logo - white or Mother Of Pearl?

-what graphic on the body?

Newc
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The neck is unbound rosewood with an oiled maple neck. The neck has dot inlays and is a 24-fret bolt-on. The logo is white and the headstock itself is painted black (not the plastic overlay).

The graphic is a red lightning sky:
      Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

OBD is someone's initials I'm sure. I've had that on the back of an 85 SD Charvel.
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
        X