Guitars you own but dont play...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Guitars you own but dont play...

I own 8 guitars and play all of them. Some of them cost a lot of $$$$. But I bought them all because they play great.

Comment

i dont have any rare minty guitars, just a dead mint model6. the rest of my guitars all have a ding or 2 or they have been modded in some way.

my 8 yr old and my 10 yr old comes up to me while i am praticeing and says can you teach me how to play that and i hand them my guitar no matter what i am playing. why you ask? cause i am a collector of good times and great memories which is worth alot more to me than any minty guitar anyone has. play that guitar and enjoy it cause in 50 yrs no one is gonna care that you owned/still own it other than you and you are gonna be saying damn i wished i had played this sooner.

Comment

I've had dead mint ones - [img]graemlins/sleep.gif[/img] - once you get past the "wow, it's so cleeeeean!" (after about 20 minutes at best), it's time to play it and make it undead mint [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

There's something to be said about having that "colector's piece" that you only take out and play at home, and don't want to see it smacked to shit over the years. You buy an old Corvette and you'll drive it, but you won't play crash-up derby with it. I don't believe any guitar, no matter how collectable, should sit in a case and never be touched, but some you just don't want to gig with, which is precisely why I sold that Frampton Les Paul...I gig often, and needed something I wouldn't freak out over if a half a beer went down the front of it. (which happens fairly often... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] )

Comment

why you ask? cause i am a collector of good times and great memories which is worth alot more to me than any minty guitar anyone has. play that guitar and enjoy it cause in 50 yrs no one is gonna care that you owned/still own it other than you and you are gonna be saying damn i wished i had played this sooner.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Excellent post!

Comment

Originally posted by Subvamp:
              I gig often, and needed something I wouldn't freak out over if a half a beer went down the front of it. (which happens fairly often... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] )
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You need to learn to hold your beer a little better. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

i have a 1976 les paul custom with a maple fretboard "fairly rare" but i have played the hell out of it
                it needs new frets and the board needs to be refinished

then on the other hand i have an
                original Joe Despagni jem who did the flame guitar and swiss cheese for steve vai
                although i do play it its very rare to see me onstage with it

i bought the les paul to play
                mint $2200.00-$2600.00
                mine $1500.00-$1800.00
                i bought the jem to play but not wear it out
                mint $???-$3500.000
                mine $???-???
                it really all depends on the buyer
                what is it worth to him

Comment

I rarely play my Shannon... I don't wanna get even a single scratch on it. I'm sure eventually I will play the hell out of it, but for now I'm back on the Model 6.

Comment

guitars like to see action, play 'em. [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

cheers

Comment

Originally posted by wulfe13:
                      I rarely play my Shannon... I don't wanna get even a single scratch on it.
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Send her to me and I'll break 'er in for ya just like my own Shannon. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] I play mine often because it's the only electric guitar I currently have locked down in standard tuning, so I have no other choice. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I don't play JCF01 at all not because it is mint/rare.
                        It has huge neck that would not let me to play [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

PLAY!

Comment

The only guitar of mine that I don't play live is my Tokai Strat, the least valuable in my collection, worth probably around £250.
                            It just doesn't compare in feel to my C/J's. It also looks too much like a Fender for my tastes!!
                            I can't sell it though as my missus bought it for me and she would string me up by the short and curlies if I did!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Guitars are like women, you can't fully appreciate them unless you play with them and get fully involved with em to see what they can do.

Comment

I play them all. My Roswell, PCS Rhoads, PC1, AT1, 1984 Rhoads Custom, LTD Rhoads, Polka Dot V, San Dimas Standard, Shannon Soloist, Les Paul Custom, ES 135, 1966 Epiphone, Hamer Artist Custom, Guild 12 String, plus I know I,m forgetting a few.

Comment

Working...
                                X