Guitars you own but dont play...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Guitars you own but dont play...

my 2 cents.... I certainly dont beat or abuse my guitars, but I play them...all of them. I take very good care of them and I am careful with them at gigs or when other people are around them, but I dont sit and worry about them and keep them in a glass case in my living room. I believe guitars were built to be played! Enjoy them. Sure, I have a few "beaters" that I can clank around with too. I have several nice ones that I would not take to a bar gig or party in fear that someone might puke on them or something. I am just cautious with them. I say: Let em Rock!!!!! Play those guitars!!!
    [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

I play all 13 of mine. They're GUITARS, not museum fodder.

Comment

Originally posted by charveljunkie:

xenophobe
        Great Strat!!!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thanks! She's such a sweet player. I've literally drooled on her at practice.. haha...
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I say do whatever makes you happy. I have nothing against people who just collect and don't play them. If its a rare guitar then I would hope they treat it like a rare/collectible car if they do play it. That is, you can drive a car for pure enjoyment and you don't necessarily have to park it at the mall or grocery store to get it all banged up just to prove you drive it. Same with the guitars, I play mine at home but some won't be going anywhere where the risk of damage/loss is higher. I enjoy my guitars that sit most of the time in their cases just as much as the ones I play all the time.
          Remcarr has played several of his Jacksons live, including customs shops and one offs, and still keeps them all in nice condition [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Rudy
          Rudy
          www.metalinc.net

Comment

Working...
          X