No announcement yet.

GC responded to the "mystery" Jackson!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GC responded to the "mystery" Jackson!

I wrote to GC about CJ's "mystery" Jackson in this thread: previous thread
    Amazingly and to his credit, Allan Clarke from GC's Certified Reserve Collection responded. After giving Allan the link to the pics posted by Boxcar Willie, here's what Allan had to say about the guitar:

Well, all of the info you have gathered, yourself, so far is correct... In 1989 GC had 18 stores... GC ordered 3 guitars from Jackson, per store, totalling 46 guitars, hence the #41 of 46... It was the 25th anniversary of GC, celibrated on August, 1989... hence the 8/89... That's about all I can really tell you about it..

Allan

So there you have it, the guitar is GC 25th Anniversary model. Even though GC's 18 stores times 3 guitar per stores would be 54 guitars total, I guess we can let the math slide. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Re: GC responded to the "mystery" Jackson!

Hmmmm... maybe 2 guitars for 23 stores... [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

oh... and look at that.. this is post 500 for me! woohoo... gold member here.... Wow... I'd just like to thank all the little people...J/K. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Its cool he responded, but what about that guitar was a mystery?

Comment

Originally posted by LRGman:
        Its cool he responded, but what about that guitar was a mystery?
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">From what everyone was saying, I did think that it was quite likely a GC anniversary model. I just thought it might be interesting to get some more proof to support the case, so to speak. Plus, I was very curious to see if GC would respond. I would have bet that they wouldn't but in fact, they did. I thought some of the guys here would be interested to see the response. That's all.

Comment

Re: GC responded to the &quot;mystery&quot; Jackson!

Originally posted by wulfe13:
          Hmmmm... maybe 2 guitars for 23 stores... [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Maybe there were only 15.3 stores at the time (or 15 stores and they made an extra for someone).

Comment

That was cool of him. It looks like an amazing guitar for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxcar Willie 84:
              That was cool of him. It looks like an amazing guitar for sure.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I actually got a second response from another guy who may look into it. Thanks for posting those pics - there were a big help.

Comment

Working...
              X