Looking for JJ 2 opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for JJ 2 opinions

Any JJ owners out there that want to chime on the guitar in general ??

I'm thinking about buying a JJ 2. I just read that the solid color guitars are Alder and the transparent ones are mahogany (sp).

I have also heard that the Diablo pickups are pretty damn hot. ( Don't know this for a fact )

I have always liked lower output ( more like not super hot ) pickups in mahogany bodies.

Am I stoned ?? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I'll be using this guitar for mostly tuned down stuff. thx

Re: Looking for JJ 2 opinions

Ok this is what I have found.......(keep in mind that I am getting this right from Jackson because my parents own a music store & are a Jackson Dealer)JJ-2 Scott Ian is Alder on solid colors & Mahogany on Trans. Colors,it comes with ebony fingerboard , 22 Jumbo frets ,Scott Ian SD Custom Humbucker in the Bridge & neck , 1 Vol. & 1 tone , 3 way switch , JT 390 adjustable Bridge & scale of 25.5" also nut width of 1-5/8".Also I thought the pickups were pretty hot in the 1 I played but I guess they would need to be pretty hot for what Scott Ian plays.It was a very nice playing guitar & the one I played was used in a music store in Wichita,Ks(it was Mahogany).I know that I haven't seen to many of them & I know my parents have never had 1 in there store.....I don't know why they haven't but they haven't.I would say go for it.....if you don't like the pickups that is an easy fix!!!

Comment

Working...
    X